Pulic-access disclosure records from the US Sentate show that MD Helicopters has been hiring two lobbyists recently. One is named as Lawrence C Grossman (of "The Grossman Group LLC"), who set up on his own in 2003 after spending ten years with governmental relations firm Cassidy & Associates according to his LinkedIn profile. Prior to that he was an employee of the House Armed Services Committee.
The second lobbyist is Christopher Bradish, one-time legislative director for ex-Senator Arlen Specter.
MD has hired these advisers to lobby on “issues affecting U.S. and foreign military procurement of helicopters,” according to the records, or as we would say in the industry, aim to influence political decision makers to recommend their helicopters over those of their competitors.
William P Johnson – HeliHub.com US correspondent
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE