Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), has delivered the first complete shipset of CH-53K Engine Air Particle Protection System (EAPPS) Units to Sikorsky Aircraft. The milestone delivery supports Sikorsky’s System Development and Demonstration Program. The advanced engine protection units featuring Donaldson’s patented Strata™ Tube technology will be installed on the CH-53K Ground Test Vehicle. The complete shipset included an EAPPS for the number 1, 2 and 3 engines including the integral engine inlet supplied by Meggitt and installed by Donaldson.
“Donaldson is proud that our advanced filtration system will contribute to mission readiness for this critical future military asset,” said Sheila Peyraud, General Manager, Aerospace and Defense at Donaldson. Peyraud added that qualification testing is in progress at Donaldson headquarters in Minneapolis, Minn., and so far “the results exceed all specifications and requirements.”
In 2007, Donaldson was awarded the contract to design, develop and qualify an inlet filtration system that would protect each of the CH-53K helicopter engines. Using Donaldson's patented Strata™ Tube technology, the company has developed a lightweight, high efficiency filtration system that requires minimal maintenance. The United States Marine Corps will operate the CH-53K, a brand new aircraft maintaining the same physical configuration and footprint of the legacy CH-53A/D/E/G heavy lift helicopters. It is designed to operate in harsh, mountainous and desert environments while providing a substantial increase in lift capability. The CH-53K aircraft is scheduled to achieve its Initial Operating Capability (IOC) in FY2019 and is planned to replace the current inventory of CH-53Es.
About Donaldson Aerospace & Defense
Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems, and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering, and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our nearly 13,000 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 100 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- Eurocopter opens its Systemhaus helicopter development center
- Israel receives surplus CH-53s for spares
- ATK awarded contract for AAR-47 missile warning systems
- Sikorsky awarded $14M contract for H-53, H-60 work
- Rockwell-Collins awarded $17M contract for Nav/Comm repairs
- 15-Aug-12 Sikorsky CH-53 Tel Nof, Israel
- GE awarded $8.2M modification to H-53 contract
- 19-Jul-12 Sikorsky MH-53E Muscat, Oman (2F)
- 29-Jun-12 Sikorsky MH-53E Pohang, Korea
- 21-Jun-12 157135 Sikorsky CH-53D Sarabagh, Afghanistan
- Sikorsky awarded $9M for H-53 swashplate and gearbox work
- 26-Apr-12 164771 Sikorsky MH-53E Virginia Beach, US-Virginia
- Raytheon awarded $9.5M contract to repair CH-53 and V-22 weapon replacement assemblies
- “Sikorsky 2025” project extends life of vital helicopter
- 19-Jan-12 Sikorsky CH-53D Helmand Province, Afghanistan (6F)
- CPI Aero to present at Noble Financial Capital Markets conference
- HMH-461 conducts desert training at EMV
- Israeli military set up memorial for Romania crash
- Hawaii Army National Guard re-equips with CH-47F
- New Super Stallions for HMH-463 Pegasus