North Slope Borough’s Search and Rescue Aviation Unit has chosen Night Flight Concepts® (NFC) to provide a Night Vision Goggle (NVG) repair and maintenance solution to augment their existing night vision program. The addition of NFC FAA-certified repair and maintenance services, including NVG inspections, will streamline NSB’s NVG sustainment to deliver greater value, performance and safety.
“NFC is pleased to have been selected as the primary NVG support contractor once again by NSB,” stated Night Flight Concepts President, Adam Aldous.
Located in the northernmost city in the US - Barrow, Alaska - the North Slope Borough Search and Rescue Unit relies on NVGs to mitigate risk in the harsh environment of the north. The NFC maintenance solution is expected to accelerate NVG inspection and repair turn-around times and ensure maintenance is performed consistently to the highest standard.
“Our positive past experience with Night Flight Concepts prompted our contracting additional flight training and maintenance services,” stated NSB’s Richard “Pat” Patterson, Chief Pilot. “The knowledgeable team, excellent service and cost-effective solutions made NFC a logical choice for us.”
Night Flight Concepts will continue to work with NSB to plan, equip, train and support their NVG program, using full complement of NVG tools. The new NFC NVG maintenance program will augment the existing program of NVIO™ Systems Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Computer-Based Training (CBT) already in use at NSB.
About Night Flight Concepts
Night Flight Concepts (NFC) is a comprehensive night vision technology (NVT) solution provider specializing in night vision goggle (NVG) pilot and crewmember flight training, NVG service & maintenance repair, NVG maintenance technician training, and night vision program support for law enforcement agencies, air medical/rescue services, military organizations, and government agencies worldwide. (www.nightflightconcepts.com)
About North Slope Borough Search and Rescue
North Slope Borough is one of the northernmost regions of Alaska, USA facing some of the most extreme, challenges weather conditions in the world. The NSB Search and Rescue Department provides Critical Care Air Ambulance Service performing medevac, search & rescue, and emergency missions throughout the North Slope region. (www.co.north-slope.ak.us/departments/sar/flight.php )
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69