On 18th May 2012 Heliflight UK Ltd, one of Gloucestershire Airport’s longest established helicopter operators left the Patriot Aerospace Group and returned to its roots.
Founder Jon Lane said ‘we’ve had an interesting couple of years as part of a larger organisation but with Patriot wanting to concentrate on its general aviation businesses at Coventry and Redhill the opportunity arose to re-acquire Heliflight and focus on what we do best, operating helicopters and teaching people to fly them.’ Jon started Heliflight at Wolverhampton in 1996 and moved into Gloucester 4 years later. Although the business was sold to Patriot in 2009 it kept its name and Jon stayed on as Manager and Chief Pilot so it’s now come full circle and he’s delighted to be back in control.
‘We’ll continue to work with the Patriot Group while we re-establish our own operating licences but will be responsible solely for the further growth of Heliflight’s business. Patriot’s former Chief Flying Instructor, Candia Blenkiron, has also stayed with us so we have a highly professional core team with unrivalled experience of helicopter operations at Gloucester.’ Heliflight operates an extensive fleet of helicopters which are available for training, charter and self-fly hire. Their training facility runs a range of ab-initio and advanced flying courses including private and commercial licences, instructor ratings and type conversions.
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69