On 18th May 2012 Heliflight UK Ltd, one of Gloucestershire Airport’s longest established helicopter operators left the Patriot Aerospace Group and returned to its roots.
Founder Jon Lane said ‘we’ve had an interesting couple of years as part of a larger organisation but with Patriot wanting to concentrate on its general aviation businesses at Coventry and Redhill the opportunity arose to re-acquire Heliflight and focus on what we do best, operating helicopters and teaching people to fly them.’ Jon started Heliflight at Wolverhampton in 1996 and moved into Gloucester 4 years later. Although the business was sold to Patriot in 2009 it kept its name and Jon stayed on as Manager and Chief Pilot so it’s now come full circle and he’s delighted to be back in control.
‘We’ll continue to work with the Patriot Group while we re-establish our own operating licences but will be responsible solely for the further growth of Heliflight’s business. Patriot’s former Chief Flying Instructor, Candia Blenkiron, has also stayed with us so we have a highly professional core team with unrivalled experience of helicopter operations at Gloucester.’ Heliflight operates an extensive fleet of helicopters which are available for training, charter and self-fly hire. Their training facility runs a range of ab-initio and advanced flying courses including private and commercial licences, instructor ratings and type conversions.
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi