Up to now, Norway has had a single police helicopter - a1 Eurocopter EC135T2 based at Oslo-Gardermoen Airport (ENGM) and operated by Pegasus Helicopter. They have operated it since April 2004. A second helicopter was promised and funded after last July’s terrorist attacks, and back in January, we reported that there was a delay in the bidding process.
Police Aviation News reported the following in their September 2011 edition in the light of investigation after delays in deploying the helicopter on the day of the the mass killings by Anders Behring Breivik on 22 July 2011. “It has emerged that the police do not have the resources to keep their one helicopter in continuous operation. Figures suggest that its level of availability may be as low as 33% this year. The annual cost of the helicopter currently available to Oslo police is $7.4M”
We assume that they have moved on from this situation now. The Norwegian Police have now leased an EC135T2 previously operated by the UK's Merseyside Police as G-XMII, and it was noted yesterday on a test flight out of Eurocopter UK's base at Oxford in full Norwegian colours. The lease is for four years from 1st June 2012 and will initially provide cover for the first machine while it undergoes deep maintenance. On 31st May 2016 it is expected to revert to the UK where it will once again be an NPAS spare aircraft.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- Metro Aviation delivers EC135 to HealthNet Aeromedical Services, Inc.
- Phoenix Heli-Flight unveils new EC135T2e
- UW Med Flight Expands 24/7 Service With Two Helicopters
- Airbus Helicopters EC135 T3/P3 takes on the Alps
- Airbus Helicopters only take scale models to Farnborough 2014
- Fourth EC135 delivered to Massachusetts State Police
- Three Chinese operators order 123 Airbus helicopters over 5 years
- Transport Canada approves PW206B3 engine for EC135P3
- UK National Police Air Service update
- Aerial Power Lines add AS350B3e and EC135T2e for Malaysian power grid ops
- Sweden – Interim EMS helicopter arrives for Värmland County
- Northwest MedStar receives third EC135
- Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance flies 10,000th mission
- 13-Jun-14 N555YE Eurocopter EC135P2+ Lanai, US-Hawaii
- Cornwall Air Ambulance – Third Time Lucky at Business Awards
- Great Western Air Ambulance to upgrade to EC135 in October
- Bond win UK Police upgrade contract
- EMS helipad planned at Fort William in Scotland
- Bayflite to renew helipad lease at North Port
- Glasgow EC135 – Lawyers describe Bond compensation offer “wholly inadequate”