Up to now, Norway has had a single police helicopter – a1 Eurocopter EC135T2 based at Oslo-Gardermoen Airport (ENGM) and operated by Pegasus Helicopter.Â They have operated it since April 2004.Â A second helicopter was promised and funded after last Julyâ€™s terrorist attacks, and back in January, we reported that there was a delay in the bidding process.
Police Aviation News reported the following in their September 2011 edition in the light of investigation after delays in deploying the helicopter on the day of the the mass killings by Anders Behring Breivik on 22 July 2011.Â Â â€œIt has emerged that the police do not have theÂ resources to keep their one helicopter in continuous operation. Figures suggest that its level of availability may be as low as 33% this year. The annual cost of the helicopter currently available to Oslo police is $7.4Mâ€
We assume that they have moved on from this situation now.Â The Norwegian Police have now leased an EC135T2 previously operated by the UK’s Merseyside Police as G-XMII, and it was noted yesterday on a test flight out of Eurocopter UK’s base at Oxford in full Norwegian colours.Â The lease is for four years from 1st June 2012 and will initially provide cover for the first machine while it undergoes deep maintenance.Â On 31st May 2016 it is expected to revert to the UK where it will once again be an NPAS spare aircraft.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Dyfed-Powys Police helicopter to stay in the sky
- Boeing to Train Australian Army and Navy Helicopter Pilots for Next 25 Years
- Bond chooses Britannia 2000 CAMC for NPAS EC135s
- Western Power Distribution Selects EC135P2e
- Aiut Alpin Dolomites receives first EC135 T3/P3
- Metro delivers its 200th EC135 completion
- Head-on collision is 20,000th mission for Wales Air Ambulance
- New training system for ADF helicopter crews
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Airbus to move helicopter production from Germany to France?
- Airbus Helicopters delivers China’s first fully-equipped air ambulance
- CarteNav to provide intuitive AIMS mission system software for UK National Police Air Service
- Wales Air Ambulance gets Government commitment for doctors on all flights
- PDG Helicopters wins combined British/Irish lighthouse support contract
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance to upgrade to night-capable EC135T3
- East Anglian Air Ambulance supports British Medical Journal research
- JSSI covers Blackcomb Aviation EC135T2e Engines
- Metro Aviation closer to HeliSAS STC for EC135
- Metro Aviation Delivers EC135 to Life Air Rescue