The FAA have issued document No.: 2012-20111019001 as follows:
Subcomponents and brackets produced by Chelton Avionics, Inc. (dba Wulfsberg Electronics Division) Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs)
This notification advises all aircraft owners, operators, manufacturers, maintenance organizations, and parts distributors regarding ELT subcomponents and brackets produced without Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) production approval.
Information received during a FAA suspected unapproved parts investigation (SUP), confirmed that Chelton Avionics, Inc. (dba Wulfsberg Electronics Division) sold ELT subcomponents without FAA approval between June 2010 and April 15, 2011 to 29 customers. Additionally, Chelton Avionics, Inc. (dba Wulfsberg Electronics Division) sold ELT brackets without FAA approval between September 9, 2010 and November 17, 2010 to one customer. Chelton Avionics, Inc. (dba Wulfsberg Electronics Division) is located at the following physical address: 6400 Wilkinson Drive, Prescott, AZ 86301. Artex Aircraft Supplies previously held FAA Technical Standard Order Approval (TSOA) for the parts listed below.
Regulations require that type-certificated products conform to their type design. Aircraft owners, operators, maintenance organizations, and parts distributors are encouraged to inspect their aircraft, aircraft records, and/or parts inventories for unapproved ELT subcomponents and brackets installed on aircraft. Appropriate action should be taken to remove them from service. If unapproved ELT subcomponents and brackets are found in existing inventory, it is recommended that they be quarantined to prevent installation.
You can obtain further information concerning this investigation, and guidance regarding the above-referenced SUP from the FAA Manufacturing Inspection District Office (MIDO) listed below. In addition to compliance with the above recommendations, we would appreciate any information concerning the discovery of Chelton Avionics, Inc. (dba Wulfsberg Electronics Division) ELT subcomponents and brackets from any source, the means used to identify the source, and the action taken to remove them from service.
For the full list of part numbers etc, see FAA document 2012-20111019001
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE