Our Italian duo of rescue experts Capt. Piergiorgio Rosati and Capt. (Mountain climber) Simone Moro rescued the dead body of a Ukrainian man whose body has been stuck at Tengkangpoche about 18 months using the longline from our B3 helicopter.
The Ukrainian climber had been climbing the Tengkangpoche peak 18 months ago with his female friend who died on a fall while climbing very short of the summit. Her fall left him unroped with no harness. He couldn’t climb up or descend down. Sherpas and locals think he froze to death. His body was in a seated position ever since.
Simone Moro flew with Capt. Rosati on the longline to the body site on a 75 degree slope with a 2000m vertical drop below him while Rosati was hovering. The first day of the evacuation was carried out as Simone drilled the ice face and created an anchor for himself from where he could hang and work on taking the body out. The evacuation was successful only on the second day after rigorous drilling because of the vertical face of the slope at the height of 6380m.
Rescuer/pilot Simone Moro says ‘this extreme one of a kind rescue/evacuation is the highest rescue in the world by a longline on a vertical face.’
The mission was successful and they flew the body to Lukla and then to Kathmandu.
We send our humble condolences to the Ukrainian family.
Fishtail Air team is very grateful to Capt. Piergiorgio and Capt. Simone for carrying out the entire operation. Congratulations and best wishes for your future endeavors. Cheers!
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada