Conklin & de Decker Associates, Inc and the National Air Transportation Association (NATA) are pleased to announce that they are continuing to partner again this year to offer the Commercial Operators Tax Seminar. This year’s Tax Seminar will be held in Scottsdale, Arizona on August 7-8, 2012.
Unique from other tax seminars and workshops, the Conklin & de Decker and NATA Tax Seminar is the only Tax Seminar that is designed for the commercial operator and focuses on the current tax issues affecting aircraft charter and management companies.
Charter operators contend with a convoluted maze of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), as well as Federal, State and Local tax issues. Adding to the confusion is the additional tax complexity of Part 135 charter flying versus Part 91 owner flying. Who needs to pay tax on what charges and to whom are the taxes owed? How often are they paid and who collects? These are all questions for which simple answers are hard to find, so Conklin & de Decker and NATA put together this two-day seminar to cover it all.
In addition, this Seminar will look at the recent IRS Chief Counsel Advisory relating to the application of the commercial FET to owner flights and management fees, and the operational control regulation (A008) and its impact on operators and owners.
“The Commercial Operators Tax Seminar covers the range of today’s tax and regulatory issues confronting business aircraft management companies and charter operators.” commented Nel Stubbs, Vice President and co-owner Conklin & de Decker. “We will provide answers to complex questions regarding Federal Excise Taxes, state taxes, international fees, personal use, as well as FAR and IRS regulations so attendees will walk away with clarity on these issues!”
Expert instructors deliver the information and tools necessary to enable aircraft operators to determine where taxes and fees apply and how to best manage tax compliance and the impact on company cash flow.
This seminar is a must-attend for all commercial aircraft operators and management companies, whether they serve as the Director of Operations, CFO or controller. Owners and operators that have an aircraft on a 135 certificate or that are considering doing so will find this seminar beneficial to the future of their operation.
The seminar’s price is $995, however, if you register before July 7, 2012, the Early Bird price is $895. For more information about this seminar contact Christine Preston at 928-443-8676 or [email protected], or visit the Conklin & de Decker website at www.conklindd.com or the NATA website at www.nata.aero.
ABOUT CONKLIN & DE DECKER
Conklin & de Decker, celebrating over 25 years in business, is a leader in aviation research, consulting and education with offices in Orleans, Massachusetts, Arlington, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona. The company, founded in 1984, focuses on fixed- and rotary- wing aircraft operating cost, performance and specification databases, maintenance management software, financial management, fleet planning, market research, aviation tax issues, and financial, tax and management seminars. Conklin & de Decker consults with numerous individuals, corporations and government agencies worldwide. More information on their products and services, copies of articles published, and a unique “Members Only” section can be found on their website, www.conklindd.com.
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90