Med-Trans Florida, located at Tamiami Airport in Miami is the second aircraft in the southeast region of Florida for Med-Trans Corporation. Med-Trans Florida will serve as a community asset, rapidly transporting critically ill and injured patients needing urgent acute critical care. Med-Trans Florida has Preferred Provider Agreements with numerous health systems throughout South Florida and the team’s primary mission focus will be inter-facility transports.
About Med-Trans Florida
The Med-Trans Florida flight team is comprised of four very skilled pilots, mechanics, flight nurses and flight paramedics. Med-Trans Florida will be working in collaboration with various EMS partners in the community to transport critical patients, which also include specialty pediatric and neonatal transports. Med-Trans Florida will assist Fire Departments and EMS providers in Miami-Dade County and areas outside of Miami-Dade County to transport scene accident trauma patients when requested for mutual aid.
About Med-Trans Florida Medical Director
Andrew Daniel Mason, MD, FACEP, FAAP is triple board certified in Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics and has extensive experience in critical care ground and air transports both in Canada and the United States.
Med-Trans Florida will perform life saving missions with a new EC 135 aircraft equipped with Night Vision Goggle (NVG) technology for the entire crew as well as state of the art aviation safety equipment such as; satellite phone and tracking system, Helicopter Terrain Avoidance System (HTAWS), Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) and weather radar.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The company’s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. For more information, please visit: www.med-trans.net.
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years