Midlands Air Ambulance Charity is celebrating its 21stanniversary this week!
Monday, May 21st marked 21 years of life saving missions for the rapid response service and the charity would like to say thank you for all the local support received over the last 21 years, ensuring the service has remained operational.
The charity completed its first airlift on May 21st, 1991. Since that historic day, the donation-funded service has responded to over 36,000 missions, made possible only by the support of local fundraisers and businesses.
The charity receives no Government or National Lottery funding and needs to raise over £6 million every year simply to remain operational.
To mark the milestone occasion, the charity has created an action packed calendar of events throughout 2012, with something for everyone to get involved in and show their support. This year fundraisers will be biking, running, climbing, karting, sky diving and even plate smashing to ensure the anniversary year is one to remember.
But the biggest celebration is still to come, with the anniversary Gala ball-taking place next month - it is one party not to be missed!
The ball on June 16th will be held at Edgbaston Cricket Ground and staff would like volunteers, survivors, and fundraisers to join them in celebrating this very special birthday.
It is set to be a wonderful black tie evening with a champagne reception, three-course dinner, live music, entertainment and the stars of the show will land pitch side at the stadium. Tickets are available on 0800 8 40 20 40
It will be the perfect way to celebrate 21 years of life saving work and over 36,000 missions.
Hanna Sebright CEO, said; “It is because of our passionate fundraisers, faithful supporters, loyal volunteers and incredible staff and aircrew that Midlands Air Ambulance is able to celebrate 21 years of life-saving service and it is with this support that the charity will continue to go on and save countless more lives for many years to come. Over the last 21 years, we have been overwhelmed by your support and generosity. Despite a worrying economic climate, your support has never faltered and now more so than ever Midlands Air Ambulance Charity would like to thank you for your continued support.”
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years