Telvent GIT, S.A., the leading real-time IT solutions and information provider for a sustainable world, announced today that helicopter emergency service industry leader INAER has signed a new contract that calls for Telvent to expand its weather monitoring services to a greater portion of INAER’s fleet. After seeing the improved efficiency and safety from the initial implementation of Telvent’s MxVision AviationSentry Online® and RotorWatch™ technologies, the Spain-based INAER decided to extend the service to the helicopters flying in Spain during all seasons.
INAER’s pilots and operations manager confirmed that Telvent weather services provided crucial weather information for their aerial operations, creating the impetus to expand Telvent’s industry-leading weather-monitoring services. The new contract with INAER will expand the MxVision AviationSentry and RotorWatch service to the helicopters INAER operates in Spain throughout the year. This includes HEMS (helicopter emergency medical services), civil protection, search and rescue, maritime, fishing and border surveillance.
Telvent’s MxVision AviationSentry Online and RotorWatch platform is a web-based, customizable, real-time weather forecasting and positioning system for the helicopter industry. It provides all critical data on one integrated screen and also includes information generated from INAER’s fleet management system. With this powerful tool, INAER is able to view the location, direction, speed and altitude of in-flight helicopters. Safety is enhanced by enabling INAER ground staff to be alerted when aircraft operate too close to dangerous weather conditions such as lightning. By expanding the rollout of this solution, INAER ensures that its pilots and crews have access to the best available current and forecasted weather conditions, providing both pilots and communications centers with the information necessary to make accurate judgments about flight plans and mission viability. This, in turn, will increase safety, standardize operational procedures, and ensure compliance with JAR OPS3 requirements.
According to Telvent's Chairman and CEO, Ignacio Gonzalez, “We are very pleased to be expanding our role with INAER, a true reference company in the European helicopter industry. Our work with them will help make their helicopter operations even safer and more efficient.”
INAER is the global leading provider of aerial emergency services and aircraft maintenance. They have operations in Australia, Chile, France, Italy, Portugal, Peru, Spain and the United Kingdom, with a fleet of 366 aircraft and more than 2,500 employees.
Telvent is a global IT solutions and business information services provider dedicated to helping improve efficiency, safety and security for the world’s leading companies. Telvent serves markets that are critical to the sustainability of the planet, including the energy, transportation, agricultural and environmental sectors. (http://www.telvent.com)
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole