Jonathan Godfrey, RN, CMTE, has been named as 2012 SMTA Scholarship winner. Godfrey won this award because of his own mission to make the medical transport community safer through education, awareness, and the encouragement of personal vigilance.
Godfrey is the Safety Officer/Representative for the Children's National Medical Center Transport Team in Washington, DC. He implemented new safety instruments and processes at his program, such as the READI checklist - a checklist of five items that the transport team verifies prior to departing and then again upon leaving the referring facility.
Outside of his program, Godfrey presents on transport safety, survival techniques and the need for personal vigilance. Since 2009, Godfrey has volunteered as the Vision Zero Chair. He reinvigorated the Association of Air Nedical Services (AAMS) Vision Zero by helping to create a free online toolbox of safety information. He also sends out daily tweets on safety topics for transport teams to discuss during staff meetings.
"Attending SMTA will give me a broader view of safety management systems and best practices for my program...but more importantly for the larger transport community." ~ Jonathan Godfrey, RN, CMTE.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole