Dillon Aero will introduce a new, one-of-a-kind Minigun Pod at Eurosatory, June 11-15, at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center. A prototype of the DGP2300 M134D will be on display at the TR Equipment Booth (D511) in Hall 5. A high-resolution photo is attached.
The Minigun Pod is specifically designed for use on small, fixed-wing aircraft, such as the Embraer Tucano or Hawker Beechcraft AT-6, and rotorcraft that fly close-air support missions. Engineering development will continue through 2013. Customer deliveries are slated to begin in 2014.
The Minigun Pod is easily installed with minimum integration required. Other key features and capabilities include:
- 3,000 shots per minute
- 7.62mm NATO
- 100 percent self-contained gun, unit, magazine and battery power
- Mounts on standard 14-inch NATO rack
- Integral bore sight adjustment
- Estimated total weight is 190 kg (380 lbs fully loaded)
“Dillon Miniguns are known for their ability to achieve more bullets on target and are a more effective alternative to .50 caliber gun pods,” said company Vice President Chris Dillon. “The new Minigun Pod offers this capability to more operators.”
About Dillon Aero, Inc.
Dillon designs, develops, manufactures, and supports the M134D Gatling Gun and related products for air, land and sea applications. The company’s growing product line includes high-capacity feed systems for the M134D and M240, weapon mounts, and safety and support equipment for the Gatling Gun.
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69