Shimco announced today the general availability of polyimide-based shims, a result of the Company's commitment to investment in research and development to address the needs of the aerospace market. This latest initiative joins Shimco's world-class business processes and quality products, including precision manufactured parts, laminated and edgebond shims, tapers and spacers, manufactured in aerospace-grade metallic and non-metallic materials.
Designed with polyimide film material developed by DuPont and Kaneka, the polyimide-based shims are laminated on-site at the Shimco manufacturing facility in Canada. Polyimide films have a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration and other demanding environments, but also provide a weight-saving advantage over similar metallic products.
Shimco polyimide-based shims
"Polyimide-based shims are one of many R&D projects the company is investing in," comments Peter Voss, President of Shimco. "We spent considerable effort in perfecting the processes required to make a world-class polyimide shim. We are now supplying these polyimide shims to one of our major customers, for use in certain next generation aircraft. Shimco is committed to innovative product developments that will benefit customers in the aerospace industry, as well as those in the defense, space, and industrial markets."
For over 25 years, Shimco has served the Aerospace, Defense, Space, Industrial and other industries worldwide with precision manufactured parts, laminated and edgebond shims, tapers and spacers in a wide range of materials from aluminum and titanium through to synthetics and composites.
Headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Canada, Shimco offers a tradition of Innovation, Precision, and Execution, providing solutions that conform to exacting international and customer-specific standards. An ISO9001:2008 & AS9100C Registered Company, Shimco is committed to quality, on-time delivery, lean manufacturing and financial strength. Visit www.shimco.com for more information.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole