NHI is pleased to announce its participation to the second Aerospace Forum in LinkÃ¶ping air base (Sweden) between May 31st and June 3rd.
This event involves the participation of industrial leaders, scientists, military chiefs and government officials.
Several aircrafts are presented in flight and on a static display, among them, the NH90 of the Swedish Armed Forces (locally called HKP14 ).
A total of 18 NH90s have been ordered by Sweden to perform Tactical Troop Transport, Anti- Submarine Warfare and Search and Rescue missions.
“We are very honoured to attend to this important event in Sweden, standing side by side with our customer. The Swedish NH90 is the result of a true partnership with local industry since its versatile mission system has been designed and built by SAAB in order to comply with the stringent requirements of the Swedish Armed Forces” declared Julien Negrel Business Manager of NHIndustries.
“The Nordic Countries are very important to us, we are proud to include among our customers Sweden, Finland and Norway, we thank them for their trust in this very promising Helicopter” added Julien Negrel.
The NH90 TTH is the most modern helicopter of its class available on the market. It features a high level of system integration built around a dual bus Core Avionic System, full glass cockpit with Multifunction Displays, Fly-by-wire controls with 4-axis Automatic Flight Control. The dedicated Mission System includes among others: Piloting Forward Looking Infrared system, Helmet Mounted Sight and Display, Electronic Warfare System, Tactical Control and Tactical Communication System, Weather Radar, Digital Map Generator and an on-board Monitoring and Diagnostic System. It features a fully composite crashworthy fuselage fitted with a rear ramp which allows the transport of a light tactical vehicle. The two Rolls-Royce/Turbomeca RTM322 modern engines provide power reserve in all environments. The NH90 helicopter has provision for a number of role equipment to enable mission flexibility and effectiveness coupled with a high level of safety and survivability.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company owned by AgustaWestland SpA (32%), Eurocopter (62.5%), and Stork Fokker (5.5%).
The NH90 helicopter programme is the largest ever launched in Europe, with firm orders now reaching 529 units for 19 Armed Forces of 14 Nations: France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Oman, Australia, New-Zealand, Spain and Belgium.
- Belgian SAR chief frustrated by NH90 delays
- France orders 34 NH90 helicopters from NHIndustries
- Eurocopter opens its Systemhaus helicopter development center
- Australia given an extra NH90 free to make up for delays
- Italian Army Takes Delivery of Its First NH90 TTH
- Fokker delivers first standard parts for NH90
- Belgian NH90 NFH makes first flight
- Sogitec to supply Finnish Army Aviation NH90 training device
- French Army formally adopt NH90 Caiman
- AgustaWestland at Aero India 2013
- Eurocopter CEO sees German defence deal within months
- First NH-90 heads for duty off Somalia
- First flight of an NH90 assembled by Eurocopter Spain
- Eurocopter hands over NH90s to Belgium and France
- Norway ramps up pressure over NH90 delays
- Second NH90 NFH delivered to Norway
- Germany commits Tigers and NH90s to Afghanistan
- French Navy awards support contract for NH90 FLASH sonars
- Eurocopter’s to showcase Naval and Maritime helicopters at Euronaval 2012
- First flight of Belgian NH90 TTH