Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to open the first Bell Helicopter authorized flight training school in China. Bell Helicopter and Guanchen Aviation signed the MOU during the opening ceremony of the 4th Annual Anyang International Aviation Sports Festival in Anyang, China.
“Bell Helicopter is committed to growing our customer support and services in China,” said Eric Cardinali, executive vice president, Customer Support and Services for Bell Helicopter. “Partnering with Guanchen Aviation to provide a high-quality, local flight training solution is an important first step in meeting our customer needs in the region.
“As the need for vertical lift emerges around the world, we intend to replicate the successful operation of the Bell Helicopter Training Academy, located in Fort Worth, Texas, as a critical element of our strategy. Opening the first Bell Helicopter authorized flight training school in China is a significant step as we begin this journey,” Cardinali said.
After the initial internal training cycle is complete, the Anyang-based Flight Training School will be certified to provide factory-approved initial and recurrent type training for Bell 206L and Bell 407 pilots. Over time, this Certified Training Facility (CTF) could expand to train more Bell aircraft types to meet future demands.
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- 25-Apr-13 N937GR Bell 407 Mount Aeneas, US-Montana
- 18-Apr-13 N495AE Bell 407 Waco, US-Texas
- 15-Apr-13 N408GA Bell 407 New River, US-Arizona
- Hawker Pacific announces Queensland Bell 407 sale
- New Mercy Air Med helicopter is in service
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- Northrop Grumman to Produce More MQ-8C Fire Scouts for US Navy
- Bell booked 50 orders at Heli-Expo 2013
- Honeywell HTS900 powered Eagle 407HP Begins Flight Testing
- Bell and Air Medical Holdings Group Reach Landmark Deal for 30 Helicopters
- 03-Mar-13 N911LL Bell 407 Scottsbluff, US-Nebraska
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- Flagstaff hospital’s helicopter fills in for DPS
- ExecuJet Africa showcasing helicopter charter at Mining Indaba 2013
- Bell civil helicopter sales up 50% in 2012
- St. Vincent StatFlight to add new base with Bell 407
- Three more 407s delivered to Iraqi military