(electronic translation from original) The Helibras actions will promote awareness and concern for the environment from the 4th of June, to celebrate Environment Week.
Practices such as recycling and saving energy and water, already deployed in units ItajubÃ¡ (MG) and SÃ£o Paulo (SP), will be expanded with new initiatives such as cooking oil collection and donation of seedlings, which are about made awareness actions.
For Helibras Institute, responsible for environmental and socio-cultural activities in the communities where it operates, "the ultimate goal is to educate people so that they become agents and promote sustainable environmental attitudes also outside the company," says the coordinator Lia Maciel.
Each year, the company focuses on a theme for Environment Week. In 2012, the initiative aims to stimulate economies and lifestyles that have the concern about carbon emissions, promoting energy efficiency, alternative energy, forest conservation and responsible consumption.
Besides spreading, Helibras also gives the example. "Always strive to use natural resources in a conscious way. Even the construction of our new hangar was made from the concept of green building, with the best use of rain water, light and natural ventilation, and the reuse of scrap during construction, "says Carlos Moraes, manager company's infrastructure.
In Environment Week this year Helibras will promote the following actions: Clean Water Project, to collect cooking oil ecopoints around the factory, distribution of seedlings ipÃªs purple plant for employees in their homes, and speech awareness environment for students in sixth and seventh years of the agricultural school Wenceslau Bras in ItajubÃ¡, as well as the donation of drums for the selective collection and the establishment of tree seedlings for planting in the school area.
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- Curtiss-Wright Controls awarded Surion contract
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Data Acquisition & “Black Box” Technology to be used on unnamed new helicopter
- Global Military Helicopter Modernisation, Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2013-2023
- AgustaWestland and Shanghai Zenisun sign official Distributorship Agreement for China
- Zhuhai Helicopter Company orders another four Sikorsky S92s
- CITIC Offshore Helicopter Company orders two Sikorsky S92s