The Army will deliver the first OH-58D Kiowa Warrior to be upgraded under the Wartime Replacement Aircraft (WRA) Program in a roll-out ceremony at Corpus Christi Army Depot on Thursday, June 7, 2012, at 10:00 am in Hangar 44.
This is the first OH-58D aircraft that will replenish the fleet.
CCAD Commander, Col. Christopher B. Carlile will hand over the aircraft’s log books to Lt. Col. Paul A. Cravey, Squadron Commander for the 1-6 Air Cavalry Squadron from Fort Riley, Kansas during the ceremony.
The WRA Program is the Army’s initiative to replace OH-58D Kiowa Warriors, the primary air cavalry helicopter. The program is a joint effort with CCAD, the Armed Scout Helicopter (ASH) Project Office, the Aviation Field Maintenance Directorate (AFMD), and Bell Helicopter providing the Army a cost-effective and efficient way to replenish lost aircraft. Aircraft 10-01331, completed 7 weeks ahead of schedule, represents the first Kiowa Warrior to be produced as part of that joint effort and is the first aircraft to increase Army fleet density in over a decade.
- 09-May-13 N927SP Bell OH-58A Jekyll Island, US-Georgia
- New Mexico National Guard transfer to UH-72A Lakota
- 04-May-13 N911RN Bell OH-58A Somerton, US-California
- Kiowa Warrior upgrades alter aircraft profile
- 25th CAB named AAAA Outstanding Aviation Unit of the Year
- 16-Mar-13 Bell OH-58D Daman district, Afghanistan (1F)
- 14-Feb-13 N337PW Bell OH-58A Pine Springs, US-Texas
- 08-Jan-13 N911PT Bell OH-58C Lemoore, US-California
- Oklahoma Army National Guard to replace Kiowa with Lakota in 2013
- Two Pasadena Police OH-58s contact each other
- 17-Nov-12 N911FA Bell OH-58A Altadena, US-California
- 17-Nov-12 N96BM Bell OH-58A Altadena, US-California
- Profile – San Juan County Sheriff’s helicopter unit
- US Army tests Eurocopter EC145T2 for Kiowa replacement
- 13-Oct-12 N40TN Bell OH-58 Jackson, US-Tennessee
- Kentucky Army Aviation helps keep the National Guard in the air
- Mohawk Valley Community College Aviation Training Center adds OH-58
- 05-Sep-12 Bell OH-58D Puli Alam, Afghanistan (2F)
- 27-Aug-12 N503DR Bell OH-58C Escalon, US-California
- Boeing establishes simulator-based training for Kiowa flight instructors