Rega - Swiss Air Ambulance - have disposed of their last three Agusta A109K2 helicopters. This leaves the fleet consisting of 11 AgustaWestland AW109SP DaVinci and 6 Eurocopter EC145 helicopters.
Rega had a total of 16 A109K2 helicopters, delivered between 1992 and 1995. Following the introduction of both of the current types, the 109K2 has been gradually disposed of over the last nine years - most notably including eight to Air Transport Europe in the Slovak Republic. Three were lost in accidents in 1993 and 1998, and one donated to the Swiss Transport Museum in Lucerne.
The A109K2 - a "hot and high" variant of the popular Italian twin-engined helicopter - turned out not to be a particularly successful model, and only 38 were built. Rega was the launch customer, taking the first 15 off the production line - and a 16th as a replacement for HB-XWE which was lost in an accident in 1993.
The remaining three - registrations HB-XWB, HB-XWN and HB-XWP - have been delivered to AgustaWestland in Italy as part of a trade-in agreement, and were cancelled from the Swiss aircraft register yesterday.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- GrandNew Full Flight Simulator to Rega and fully Swiss-certified
- Nirma Group Takes Delivery of a Second GrandNew
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- 05-Jun-13 N103H AgustaWestland AW109E Lewes, US-Delaware
- UK – TAAS paramedics given go ahead to use advanced medication
- Donaldson Protects HNZ’s AW109SP Fleet
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)