U.S. Senators Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and James Inhofe (R-Okla.) have made a proposal to their House of Representatives counterparts in an effort to break an impasse in highway bill negotiations.
HAI continues to work with U.S. House of Representatives and Senate leaders to alter or remove the Alexander Amendment, which would usurp the authority of the FAA to regulate airspace over national parks and give it to the National Park Service. As previously reported in RotorNews®, the members of the General Aviation Caucus recently sent a letter to the co-chairs of the bill’s conferees, highlighting the safety concerns of the provision and urging them to remove the provision from the bill.
HAI urges you to contact the Senate conferees on the highway bill and urge them to remove the Alexander Amendment from the bill.
The Senate conferees are Sens. Baucus (D-Mont.), Boxer (D-Calif.), Durbin (D-Ill.), Hatch (R-Utah), Hoeven (R-N.D.), Hutchison (R-Texas), Inhofe (R-Okla.), Johnson (D-S.D.), Menendez (D-N.J.), Nelson (D-Neb.), Rockefeller (D-W.V.), Shelby (R-Georgia), and Vitter(R-La.).
You can find Senators’ contact information at www.senate.gov.
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi