Thales announces that its Reality H helicopter simulator at Eurocopter’s training centre in South-East Asia has obtained FTD level 3 and FFS level B certification from the French civil aviation authority DGAC. Based in Singapore, this simulator serves the training needs of Eurocopter’s civil and military customers in the region.
This certification to European JAR/EASA standards makes the new-generation system suitable for type-rating training on the Dauphin N3 helicopter and proficiency training for yearly revalidation of pilot’s licences. The simulator can be used in place of a real helicopter for annual operator proficiency checks. It can also be incorporated into ab-initio training for a commercial helicopter pilot’s licence (CPL H) or air transport pilot’s licence (ATPL H), including instrument rating (IR) and associated proficiency checks. Given its ability to realistically replicate flight conditions, the simulator can also be used to conduct line checks and allows pilots to train to fly with night-vision goggles.
Built under a cooperation agreement signed with Eurocopter in 2009, the Dauphin N3/N3+ simulator incorporates the latest technological advances of Thales’s new Reality H product, which was specifically designed to meet the needs of helicopter operators, maximising training capacity and availability while offering greater ease of installation, operation and maintenance
Thales has delivered more than 110 helicopter simulators to customers in 25 countries around the world.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- 24-Apr-13 PP-ELB Eurocopter AS365N1 Santos Dumont, Brazil
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- Multiflight helicopter operation continues to expand
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio