A new handbook produced by Aero Sekur, available to visitors to the company’s stand at Farnborough International Air Show 2012, gives an overview of the company’s heli-safety, survival expertise and product portfolio.
With forty years’ experience supplying the aerospace industry, Aero Sekur has successfully developed a number of helicopter specific innovations which are detailed in the guide. As part of a specialist service providing fully integrated safety solutions, products include flotation systems, integrated liferaft solutions, valve / inflation systems and crashworthy / self-sealing lightweight, flexible fuel tanks.
By combining expertise across a range of sectors, including the space and military markets, Aero Sekur is able to spearhead safety solutions using the latest design techniques and advanced flexible materials.
Innovations featured in the handbook include Aero Sekur’s combined flotation / airbag system for the protection of helicopter airframe and crew in the event of ditching over land or water. Additionally, expertise in material modelling has led to development of lightweight, flexible fuel tanks which maximise the use of available airframe space, whilst minimising weight.
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards