rnington Sanford Aviation assist Solaire Helicopters Sdn Bhd the Malaysian Robinson Helicopter Company Dealer, based in Kuala Lumpur and the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) in achieving Robinson R66 Type Certification (First of Type) in Malaysia.
Richard conducted a Malaysian DCA approved R66 Airframe and RR300 engine Type Training Course over 6 days at Solaire’s Facility at Subang Airport Kuala Lumpur.
The Malaysian DCA requirements for aircraft type training is of the same standard required by Europe under EASA (Part 147, Part 66).
As Mornington Sanford Aviation already has EASA Part 147 type Training for the Robinson R66 and RR300 engine we just had to make sure that we were compliant with the DCA requirements
Four people attended the course, two (2) from the Malaysian DCA and two (2) from local maintenance companies.
The 3 day R66 Airframe course commenced with an over view of the R66 systems and its associated RR300 engine, followed by a thorough review of the R66 airframe maintenance manual including; aircraft systems, scheduled maintenance and general certification requirements.
Days 4 & 5 covered the RR300 engine, commencing with a through review of the engine servicing requirements and then a detailed review of the engine components, systems and operation.
Day 6 was a review of the course and culminated in a ‘closed book’ multi-choice examination, requiring a pass mark of 75%.
This was the first maintenance course dedicated to the R66 and it’s engine and has been designed for technicians who have no previous Robinson product knowledge.
Technicians that have the R22 and R44 type ratings will be able to attend just an R66 differences course, which will be a two (2) day course including the examination.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Canadian R66 certification nears
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- First R66 delivered in Bangladesh
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Russia orders 47 Robinson R66s
- Russia certifies the Robinson R66
- Is EASA R66 debacle really Robinson’s fault?
- UK allows uncertified R66 to fly commercially
- 09-Mar-13 ZK-IHU Robinson R66 Oamaru Valley, New Zealand (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters encouraged with R66 development
- Aerobraze congratulates Robinson on R66 success
- Helitowcart launches dual wheels for R66 and R44
- R66 Floats and cargo hook are Robinson’s top priority
- Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- New Helicopter Service in Palau, Micronesia with R66
- Nigerian Air Force take delivery of first two R66s
- Kurt Robinson named to IHST Executive Committee
- Robinson doubles R66 production rate