Air Evac Lifeteam, a leading provider of air medical transportation to rural communities, today announced a major expansion of its facilities that will enhance the Company's ability to deliver air medical transportation services throughout the country, and position it for future growth. The facilities expansion includes opening a new headquarters building in O'Fallon, Missouri, nearby St. Louis, shifting some employees to an existing facility in Lewisville, Texas, and centralizing some functions that are currently geographically dispersed at its largest location in West Plains, Missouri. Staffing levels will remain the same following the changes, which are expected to be fully implemented by November 2012.
"After careful consideration, we have developed a plan to carefully position our people and resources in locations where they will best serve our bases, employees and customers for the long term," said Air Evac Lifeteam President Seth Myers. "This includes a firm commitment to the City of West Plains that has been our home for the last 27 years, and will continue to be the location for the largest portion of our employee base for a long time to come. At the same time, our new headquarters location will provide access to a major airport hub for quick dissemination of parts and supplies to our bases and to the additional people and resources we need to maintain and build upon our continued growth."
The City of O'Fallon was chosen after an extensive search and analysis of more than 20 other locations throughout the region. The review showed that the community offered an array of benefits to Air Evac such as access to a large pool of local labor, better ability to recruit talent nationally, increased air access to dispersed company operations, and attractive real estate options for both the company and its employees. The Company's headquarters will be a new 78,000-square-foot office building that will house 120 corporate and Part 135 operations employees, and allow space for future growth.
"O'Fallon is centrally located to our target markets, which is about 45 miles west of St Louis, and proved to be a community that, like West Plains, reflects the culture of Air Evac and lies within our service area so we will still be able to witness the results of our work first-hand on a regular basis," said Myers.
Air Evac Lifeteam will set up a Communications Center in O'Fallon, but will maintain its Communications Center in West Plains to support company growth and provide a redundant dual-pronged approach to the dispatch of lifesaving medical transport. Approximately 30 positions in accounting and IT will be shifted to the facility in Lewisville, and the Company's Patient Accounts division will be consolidated in West Plains, a transition which will be achieved by shifting 45 employees from an office in Houston, Missouri that will be closed.
As part of the transition, all employees currently in the positions slated to move may keep their jobs and take advantage of relocation assistance the Company is offering to every affected employee.
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- 14-May-13 B-7479 Bell 206B Dezhou City, China
- 10-May-13 N94PH Bell 206B Heflin, US-Kentucky
- 07-May-13 N20Z Bell 206L La Junta, US-Colorado
- Air Evac celebrates year of service in Licking County
- 27-Apr-13 N150SP Bell 206B Shepherd, US-Montana (1F)
- 23-Apr-13 N2072M Bell 206L1 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 20-Apr-13 N4237M Bell 206B Wells, US-Nevada
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- 23-Mar-13 ZS-HSR Bell 206B Petermaritzburg, South Africa
- 23-Mar-13 Bell TH-57A Salinas, Ecuador
- Gainesville PD helicopter relaunches after 15 months
- Tennessee Highway Patrol Announces Permanent Aviation Support for West Tennessee
- Bristow Academy Announces Agreement with Aero Dynamix
- Bilingual pilots launch Ravco training program
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- FAA had twice suspended licence of pilot in fatal crash
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- 18-Feb-13 N20620 Bell 206 Ely, US-Nevada (1F)
- 15-Feb-13 UP-BL007 Bell 206L3 Bakanas, Kazakhstan