Rainer Ohler, 50, is to take charge of EADS Corporate Communications as of 1 July 2012. In his new position he will be responsible for Group-wide internal and external communications at EADS, reporting directly to EADS CEO Tom Enders. Previously Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, Rainer Ohler now succeeds Pierre Bayle who will leave the company.
“Pierre Bayle has been with EADS from the very beginning, and knows the Group better than almost anyone else. He was instrumental in establishing the Group’s global reputation as a strong brand. EADS is deeply grateful to him for his outstanding achievements,” said Tom Enders. “I am certain that Rainer Ohler will continue his successful work at Airbus on a Group level. His wide-ranging knowledge of all areas of communication and his long years of experience in the company are the ideal foundation on which he can further reinforce the public presence of EADS.”
Rainer Ohler has worked for EADS and its predecessor companies since 1995, starting as executive assistant and speechwriter for the CEO of Daimler-Benz Aerospace (Dasa) in Munich. In 1998 he was appointed Vice President Press and Information for the Dasa communications department. After the foundation of EADS in the year 2000, Ohler took on the position of EADS Vice President International and German Media Relations. In 2003 he was appointed Vice President Corporate Media Relations and Head of Corporate Communications Germany. Since January 2006 Ohler has been Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, in which capacity he is responsible for all Government Affairs, Company Security and for leading the company’s communication activities. Ohler holds a doctorate of law.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of â‚¬ 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of nearly 133,000.
- UK – Starspeed signs for a second AW169
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350