Rainer Ohler, 50, is to take charge of EADS Corporate Communications as of 1 July 2012. In his new position he will be responsible for Group-wide internal and external communications at EADS, reporting directly to EADS CEO Tom Enders. Previously Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, Rainer Ohler now succeeds Pierre Bayle who will leave the company.
“Pierre Bayle has been with EADS from the very beginning, and knows the Group better than almost anyone else. He was instrumental in establishing the Group’s global reputation as a strong brand. EADS is deeply grateful to him for his outstanding achievements,” said Tom Enders. “I am certain that Rainer Ohler will continue his successful work at Airbus on a Group level. His wide-ranging knowledge of all areas of communication and his long years of experience in the company are the ideal foundation on which he can further reinforce the public presence of EADS.”
Rainer Ohler has worked for EADS and its predecessor companies since 1995, starting as executive assistant and speechwriter for the CEO of Daimler-Benz Aerospace (Dasa) in Munich. In 1998 he was appointed Vice President Press and Information for the Dasa communications department. After the foundation of EADS in the year 2000, Ohler took on the position of EADS Vice President International and German Media Relations. In 2003 he was appointed Vice President Corporate Media Relations and Head of Corporate Communications Germany. Since January 2006 Ohler has been Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, in which capacity he is responsible for all Government Affairs, Company Security and for leading the company’s communication activities. Ohler holds a doctorate of law.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of â‚¬ 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of nearly 133,000.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole