Soloy Aviation Solutions has been approved for a SD engine conversion kit for the AS350B helicopter. The SD kit includes the same Honeywell LTS101-600A-3A engine used on Soloy’s SD1 installation.
While the Honeywell powered versions of the AS350B model helicopter have been available for many years, all previous conversions required the conversion of the complete drive train to that used on the original AS350D model. Soloy’s conversion kit is specifically suited to the B model engine installation and drive train – saving time and costs for both the installation and the operators.
The SD kit configuration is approved on Soloy’s existing STC SH5815SW and is based on the popular SD1 kit for the AS350BA and the SD2 kit for the AS350B2. Besides the Honeywell engine the kit includes 95% of the parts used in the other two conversion kits. The differences are primarily in the instruments and instrument markings with only the SD2 using an electronic over speed control system.
The AFS inlet barrier filter system and AKV cycle counter options are approved for all kits.
“The use of many common parts will greatly reduce the cost of future airframe model upgrades,” Dave Stauffer, CEO of Soloy commented. “It also opens the opportunity for more models of the AS350 for conversions,” Stauffer added.
Soloy Aviation Solutions
Soloy Aviation Solutions is a Washington State based company specializing in fixed and rotary wing aircraft power and performance improvements as well as contract engineering and aviation parts manufacturing for over 40 years.
For more information, contact Soloy Aviation Solutions at (360) 754-7000 or visit Soloy Aviation Solutions online at www.soloy.com
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 PT-HML Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada