There are many ways individuals and organizations can help Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) in its mission to preserve helicopter history, and in its educational commitment to ensure that today’s students will consider our industry as a career choice and become tomorrow’s helicopter professionals. HFI is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. We welcome monetary contributions and item donations to help support our outreach efforts.
Your generous support in the form of a financial gift will help young people considering a career in the helicopter industry by assisting HFI’s Scholarship Fund and mentoring program. The Pilot, Maintenance, and Industry Outreach to Students panels are offered annually at HAI’s HELI-EXPO®.
Item donations are also welcome, and can be designated as prizes at one of two exciting events. HFI’s Fourth Annual Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament, which will be held on Sun., March 3, at HELI-EXPO 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada, needs prizes to be offered for winners. HFI’s Second Annual Silent Auction, which will also take place during HELI-EXPO®, will also need many auction items if it is to match last year’s success. To make a donation to the Silent Auction, go to [email protected].
All Golf Tournament proceeds will go directly to fund scholarships for students pursuing a career in rotorcraft. Sponsorships are available for the Golf Tournament. To sponsor or donate, simply register for the HFI Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament and contact Art Ashton at 360-901-2350 or [email protected]. All sponsoring companies will be recognized.
Proceeds from the Silent Auction will also help support scholarships and the foundation’s mission to preserve helicopter history through its archives of recorded interviews of the pioneers of the helicopter industry and its vast collection of helicopter models, artifacts, memorabilia, photographs, documents and articles.
In an effort to bring helicopter history to life, HFI held its first Heritage of Helicopters display at HELI-EXPO 2012. This event was a huge success, and attendees were able to see three unique helicopters from our industry’s past. In order to ensure that visitors to the show in Las Vegas are able to have the same experience, we need sponsors for this event as well. Your devotion and contribution to the history of the helicopter will be seen by more than 17,000 people!
Students wishing to apply for one of HFI’s scholarships may find our application online. Please submit the completed application and send it, along with all of the necessary documents and attachments, to [email protected] by November 30, 2012.
For more information about HFI’s Annual Fundraising Scholarship Golf Tournament, Annual Fundraising Silent Auction, sponsorships, how to make a financial gift to the foundation, or to know more about HFI’s goals and programs, contact the foundation’s Vice President and Curator Martin J. “Marty” Pociask by phone at 703-683-4646 ext. 8465 or via email at [email protected]. Information can also be found at our website.
If you would like to make a donation to assist in assuring the continuance and growth of HFI's Scholarship Program, make your check payable to Helicopter Foundational International. Mail to: 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. Individuals or organizations may also make a donation online. We welcome any amount, large or small.
Donations are tax-deductible as far as federal law permits. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your donation. An acknowledgement will be sent to you for your records after the event.
Donate today — you can make a difference!
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE