There are many ways individuals and organizations can help Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) in its mission to preserve helicopter history, and in its educational commitment to ensure that today’s students will consider our industry as a career choice and become tomorrow’s helicopter professionals. HFI is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. We welcome monetary contributions and item donations to help support our outreach efforts.
Your generous support in the form of a financial gift will help young people considering a career in the helicopter industry by assisting HFI’s Scholarship Fund and mentoring program. The Pilot, Maintenance, and Industry Outreach to Students panels are offered annually at HAI’s HELI-EXPO®.
Item donations are also welcome, and can be designated as prizes at one of two exciting events. HFI’s Fourth Annual Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament, which will be held on Sun., March 3, at HELI-EXPO 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada, needs prizes to be offered for winners. HFI’s Second Annual Silent Auction, which will also take place during HELI-EXPO®, will also need many auction items if it is to match last year’s success. To make a donation to the Silent Auction, go to [email protected].
All Golf Tournament proceeds will go directly to fund scholarships for students pursuing a career in rotorcraft. Sponsorships are available for the Golf Tournament. To sponsor or donate, simply register for the HFI Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament and contact Art Ashton at 360-901-2350 or [email protected]. All sponsoring companies will be recognized.
Proceeds from the Silent Auction will also help support scholarships and the foundation’s mission to preserve helicopter history through its archives of recorded interviews of the pioneers of the helicopter industry and its vast collection of helicopter models, artifacts, memorabilia, photographs, documents and articles.
In an effort to bring helicopter history to life, HFI held its first Heritage of Helicopters display at HELI-EXPO 2012. This event was a huge success, and attendees were able to see three unique helicopters from our industry’s past. In order to ensure that visitors to the show in Las Vegas are able to have the same experience, we need sponsors for this event as well. Your devotion and contribution to the history of the helicopter will be seen by more than 17,000 people!
Students wishing to apply for one of HFI’s scholarships may find our application online. Please submit the completed application and send it, along with all of the necessary documents and attachments, to [email protected] by November 30, 2012.
For more information about HFI’s Annual Fundraising Scholarship Golf Tournament, Annual Fundraising Silent Auction, sponsorships, how to make a financial gift to the foundation, or to know more about HFI’s goals and programs, contact the foundation’s Vice President and Curator Martin J. “Marty” Pociask by phone at 703-683-4646 ext. 8465 or via email at [email protected]. Information can also be found at our website.
If you would like to make a donation to assist in assuring the continuance and growth of HFI's Scholarship Program, make your check payable to Helicopter Foundational International. Mail to: 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. Individuals or organizations may also make a donation online. We welcome any amount, large or small.
Donations are tax-deductible as far as federal law permits. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your donation. An acknowledgement will be sent to you for your records after the event.
Donate today — you can make a difference!
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service