All Metal MS, a leader in the development and manufacturing of safety first custom maintenance stands, maintenance support equipment and hangar equipment, announces that the New Mexico State Police Department has procured All Metal’s newest product, the lightweight transportable hoist (LTH). The LTH is alightweight maintenance device designed for removing the engine, transmission, rotor head or other helicopter components in almost every environment. . The New Mexico Police purchased the LTH–1000 model to be used on their AW 109 helicopter as well as on one of their fixed wing aircraft.
The New Mexico State Police requested stringent time constraints when procuring the LTH, which All Metal handily met. The department set a firm June 15th deadline with no exceptions, which cut the normal production time for the LTH by 50 percent. To meet the stringent deadline, All Metal utilized the product’s unique “plug and play” locking pin design to modify a newly-manufactured LTH to meet the client’s specifications. This plug and play feature also allows customers to modify the LTH to their aircraft.
Martin Janes with the New Mexico State Police is excited about securing the LTH for the department, and impressed with both the product and All Metal’s service: “I can’t thank All Metal enough. It’s an amazing product and I really appreciate the extra effort the company put into getting it to us within our time frame.”
The LTH breaks down into its own travel cradle for deployment inside the cab of an aircraft. It is lightweight and compact yet robust enough to handle almost any difficult environment. The LTH is designed especially for field use, including hard-to-access locations, such as locales with no access roads, roof-top helipads, ship helipads, hangars, and oil platforms. It can be utilized on almost any demanding terrain, including grass, snow, sand, and tundra. When not in mobile use, the LTH will maximize cost efficiency because it can be used on a daily basis inside a maintenance facility. All Metal has experienced overwhelming interest on this unique product and is currently working alongside several leading industry operators and maintenance facilities to customize the LTH to their specific aircraft and application needs.
All Metal offers two models: the LTH-1000 and the LTH-2000. The LTH-1000 is for most small to medium size helicopters, while the LTH-2000 serves larger helicopters.
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- GrandNew Full Flight Simulator to Rega and fully Swiss-certified
- Nirma Group Takes Delivery of a Second GrandNew
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- 05-Jun-13 N103H AgustaWestland AW109E Lewes, US-Delaware
- UK – TAAS paramedics given go ahead to use advanced medication
- Donaldson Protects HNZ’s AW109SP Fleet
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)