Bellingham Aviation Services, a leading aviation service organization in the Pacific Northwest, expands its instructional staff and rental fleet to meet increased demand for rotorcraft training, photo and scenic flights.
“BAS is thrilled to offer our customers enhanced training opportunities with the addition of a Robinson R22 Beta II and an Instrument Rated CFI,” said Vanessa Nielsen. “Rotorcraft training capabilities will broaden the spectrum of schooling options available to both new and current customers wishing to pursue new ventures.”
The Robinson R22 is most known for combining comfort and reliability with its light-weight design and enhanced safety features. It comes standard with a derated engine, which is also most recognized for its low fuel consumption. The R22 is a two-seater helicopter, ideally-suited for rotorcraft training and transportation.
With the addition of the new R22, BAS will be offering helicopter instruction to the existing professional training program. Students can train for private, commercial and CFI ratings with the ability to fly solo after successful flight review. To accommodate the increased demand for rotorcraft training, Tarek Husevold, was recently hired to spearhead the rotorcraft training program. Tarek is an Instrument Rated CFI and is currently in the process of finalizing the Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) training.
Tarek is a well-versed pilot, acquiring the majority of his flight time in Robinson R22’s and R44’s, also logging A-star turbine time. He is an organized and dedicated instructor ready to train pilots to acquire the Private, Commercial and CFI helicopter ratings.
“The addition of the new rotorcraft program shows our commitment to providing a well-rounded training program of the highest quality, while maintaining a professional environment and enjoyable place to learn.” added Nielsen.
Bellingham Aviation Services (BAS) is a full-service fixed-base operator (FBO) located in Bellingham, Washington – 20 miles south of the Canadian border, 50 miles south of Vancouver, B.C. and 90 miles north of Seattle. BAS offers a wide range of services from fueling and flight instruction, to aircraft maintenance, retail sales and concierge services.
- 18-May-13 Robinson R22 Wilmington, US-North Carolina
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Mechanic takes blame for Honolulu R22 accident
- 09-May-13 Robinson R22 Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 08-May-13 N5ZK Robinson R22 Honolulu, US-Hawaii
- Colorado Heli-Ops expands with two more helicopters
- 02-May-13 ZK-HAM Robinson R22 West Coast, New Zealand
- EASA approves 31 more Lycoming engines for UL91 fuel
- Robinson introduces bladder fuel tanks for R22
- 11-Apr-13 G-EROM Robinson R22B Redhill, UK
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- 10-Apr-13 ZK-HTQ Robinson R22 Tarras, New Zealand
- ATSB report says R22 tail contacted rock in fatal Kimberley crash
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Bellingham Aviation Services Announces Its Expansion
- Obituary – Helicopter leasing specialist Matthew L. Spitzer
- ASA releases new flashcards for R22 and TH-67
- 09-Feb-13 I-LALM Robinson R22 Pontecagnano, Italy
- Wild hogs beat two helicopters in a week