On June 15th, 2012 Robinson Helicopter Company released an announcement offering R44 Astro, Raven I and Raven II operators a $1000 rebate on the KI-196 Bladder Tank Retrofit Kits in accordance with Service Bulletin 78A. This bulletin requires R44 helicopters with all-aluminum fuel tanks to be retrofitted with bladder-type tanks. To improve the R44 fuel system’s resistance to a post-accident fuel leak. In February, RHC moved the compliance deadline back one year to December 31st, 2013 from the original compliance date of December 31st 2014. [View Rebate .PDF]
In an effort to promote a safer fleet around the world, Rotorcorp is pleased to offer a substantial incentive to operators facing overhaul by bridging the gap between the $1000 RHC rebate amount and the remaining $5800 cost of the KI-196 Bladder Kit. Until October 31st, 2012 Rotorcorp is providing a FREE bladder kit with the purchase of any full 2200 hour or 12 year overhaul kit for an R44 Astro, Raven I or Raven II helicopter. Customers purchasing the complete overhaul kit will be charged $1000 for the bladder kit, for which they will recieve a $1000 rebate from Robinson once the kit has been installed and request has been submitted to Robinson Helicopter Company per the terms of the rebate.
Terms and conditions:
Overhaul Kit must be placed and paid in full by wire transfer with Rotorcorp, LLC by no later than October 31st, 2012. In order to recieve a free KI-196 Fuel Bladder Kit, customer must purchase one of the following:
Purchase of R44 Astro overhaul kit must include: R7543 Field Component Overhaul Kit, R7544 Refundable Core Deposit, R2301 o-540 Engine Build-Up Kit and either a R8014 (leather) or R8010 (Velour) Interior Overhaul Kit. R44 Astro Kit Contents and Pricing.
Purchase of R44 Raven I overhaul kit must include: R8209 Field Component Overhaul Kit, R8211 Refundable Core Deposit, R2301 o-540 Engine Build-Up Kit and either a R8014 (leather) or R8010 (Velour) Interior Overhaul Kit. R44 Raven I Kit Contents and Pricing.
Purchase of R44 Raven II overhaul kit must include: R8209 Field Component Overhaul Kit, R8211 Refundable Core Deposit, R2301 o-540 Engine Build-Up Kit and either a R8014 (leather) or R8010 (Velour) Interior Overhaul Kit. R44 Raven II Kit Contents and Pricing.
Prices do not reflect shipping charges- transportation must be handled by Rotorcorp represenative company and will be quoted upon inquiry. No limit to the number of overhaul kits purchased with this offer. Rotorcorp is not liable for claims made by Robinson Helicopter company with respect to the rebate. This offer expires an 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on October 31st, 2012. This offer may be terminated at any time.
- Two R44s committed to fight against rhino poaching
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Tour operator expands in Orange Beach with second heliport
- Colorado Heli-Ops expands with two more helicopters
- Los Angeles Helicopters Expands Pilot Training to Rwanda Air
- Australia grounds R44s without bladder tanks
- 02-May-13 N442RN Robinson R44 Pomeroy, US-Washington
- EASA approves Aspen Avionics in Robinson R44
- Appeal made for Montreal R44 axe vandal
- EASA approves 31 more Lycoming engines for UL91 fuel
- 23-Apr-13 ZS-HLS Robinson R44 Schoemanskloof, South Africa (4F)
- 23-Apr-13 OO-PIV Robinson R44 Geel, Belgium
- New helicopter license at the age of 76
- 12-Apr-12 N442FG Robinson R44 II Ocean Shores, US-Washington
- New Zealand proposes AD to force R44 bladder tank issue
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- Tourist sues South African R44 pilot after crash
- 09-Apr-13 ZK-HLY Robinson R44 Christchurch, New Zealand
- Tour operator vows to fly helicopters quietly
- Australia may ground R44s without bladder tank upgrade