UTair Aviation Mi-26T has successfully transported two Mi-26T helicopter carcasses with external sling over a distance of 2,000 kilometers. This extreme cargo exploit is the first ever of such weight and distance in the history of Mi-26T helicopter operations. The extremely large size and weight of the cargo excluded the practicality of land based transport.
The operation was held over a period of 25 days, starting on April 27 from the city of Taraz, Kazakhstan and finishing on May 20 in Novosibirsk, Russia. The crew, led by training captain Yuri Pezhemskiy, logged a total of 78 hours and 20 minutes for the mission, performing 13 scheduled stops for refueling and rest for the crew.
The successful operation, performed on schedule and without incident, has strengthened the image of UTair Aviation as the leading operator of heavy transport helicopters in Russia and abroad by confirming UTair’s unique experience in performing very difficult helicopter operations with precision and safety.
UTair Aviation is the leading helicopter operator in the world in terms of transport capacity and fleet size, with more than 330 domestic and foreign made helicopters in operation. UTair has provided transportation support for United Nations peacekeeping missions since 1992 and is the largest provider of helicopter services to the UN. Principal UTair clients for helicopter services in Russia include leading Russian oil and gas companies, many of which have more than 40 years of cooperation with the airline. In 2011, UTair Aviation conducted helicopter operations across Russia and in 10 countries. In 2012, UTair helicopter operations will be implemented in Europe, Asia, the Americas and the African continent. The range of rotorcraft capability in the UTair fleet and the professionalism of UTair personnel ensure the safety and service quality of flight operations at any level complexity in all geographic and climatic zones of the planet.
- UTair refinance four Mi-26 helicopters
- UTair celebrates 30 Years of Records set by female Mi-26 crew
- India chooses CH-47D to replace Mi-26
- Emergency Services Ministry lends Mi-26 for a film
- Rostvertol to demo Mi-26T2 to the Algerian Armed Forces
- UTair suspends Mi-26 operations
- 20-Dec-11 RA-06121 Mil MI-26 Khanty Mansi, Russia (1F)
- 02-Nov-11 Mil Mi-26 Rostov-on-Don, Russia
- Rostvertol delivers two more Mi-26s
- Russian Air Force to double Mi-26 fleet by 2015
- Mi-26TZ helicopters refuel armored vehicles for first time
- Obama and Putin recognise Mi-26 pilot
- 22-Jun-11 Mil Mi-26 Rjasan, Russia
- Operator Vertical-T meets Russian and Afghan business communities
- Rosoboronexport details Russian presence at Aero India
- Rosoboronexport outlines participation at Aero India
- 14-Dec-10 Mil Mi-26 Jammu, India
- China plans to buy fourth fire-fighting Mil Mi-26TC
- China: Mi-26 delivered, considering fire-fighting Ka32 fleet purchase
- Third firefighting Mi-26TC delivered to China