DART Helicopter Services (DHS) is pleased to announce receipt of FAA certification for another new product from their subsidiary partner Apical Industries. Earlier this week Apical received FAA approval for their A119/AW119MKII Cable Cutters Kit. EASA approval is pending.
The Apical A119 Cable Cutters Kit provides a means of protecting the helicopter during a cable/wire strike by providing the capability to cut a cable/wire before catastrophic damage occurs. The kit is designed to reduce the possibly of a cable/wire entering the cockpit and to reduce the chance of flight control damage. Similar cable/wire cutting devices have proven to be effective even during multiple wire strikes. The kit incorporates both an upper and lower cutter and each cutter is designed with high strength cutting blades. The Apical cutter design was tested to verify the capability to cut multiple cables with a combined tensile strength of 32,100 lbs. The Apical kit also contains machined deflectors for the wiper posts and fresh air scoop.
“This new kit is a welcome addition to our expanding line of Cable Cutter products and we are very pleased to be able to offer this safety enhancement to A119/AW119MKII operators”, stated Steve Joseph, Vice President of US Operations, DART Helicopter Services.
Apical Industries are Proudly Distributed by:
DART Helicopter Services, 1270 Aberdeen Street, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1K7 (www.darthelicopterservices.
- Chartright appointed AW Authorized Service Center
- EASA approves Dart Cable Cutters Kit for AW119
- Brazil approves Dart’s AW119 cable cutters
- 19-Oct-12 N207CF AgustaWestland AW119 Dolan Springs, US-Arizona
- Aviasur opens new AW Service Centre in Santiago, Chile
- EASA approves Dart Round-I-Beam™ Skidtubes on AW119
- 19-Jul-12 N911LS AgustaWestland AW119Ke Junction City, US-Kansas
- NYPD AW119 fleet achieves 20,000 hour milestone
- South Africa – AW119 found smeared in mud, and blades cut off
- Police AW119 down in Brazil, 8 killed
- 08-May-12 PP-CGO AgustaWestland AW119 Piranhas, Brazil (8F)
- 06-Apr-12 RA-01980 AgustaWestland AW119Ke Lake Yanisyarvi, Russia
- Second AgustaWestland window pops out in two months
- Esperia renews its partnership with 2012 Cortina Winter Polo
- Life Flight Network orders 15 AW119Ke Helicopters
- Arrow Aviation appointed Authorized Service Centre for AW119 and AW139
- FAA grants STC for Appareo Vision 1000 on AW109 and AW119
- 27-Jan-12 N311YS AgustaWestland AW119 Philadelphia, US-Pennsylvania
- Tanis announces preheat system for AW119
- Fishtail Air considers AW119 purchase