Helijet, based in Vancouver and best known for their scheduled services with Sikorsky S76s, has recently launched sightseeing tours of the British Columbia city with a Bell LongRanger. Three tours are available, 10, 20 or 30 minutes in length:-
From Vancouver Harbour Heliport, fly along the treeâ€lined coast of Stanley Park to English Bay, before soaring high above the city to see the unforgettable vista of the north shore. A 10 minute flight that seems much longer when you’re actually in the air, starting at just $99 per person + tax.
Expand that tour to 20 minutes, and you’ll fly along West Vancouver’s coastline and over Horseshoe Bay before gently climbing 1600 metres to float between the twin peaks of The Lions. From there you’ll see the hidden valleys and canyons carved deep into the north shore mountains. On the way back, pass over Capilano Lake and see Vancouver spread out before you. An extended length tour that starts at $149 per person + tax.
Max out with the 30 minute tour, and fly up Howe Sound for a view of Stawamus Chief Mountain, before turning to hover among the peaks of the north shore. On return, you see the Salish Sea, and Vancouver Island in the distance before returning to the Vancouver Harbour Heliport. A halfâ€hour you and your guests won’t forget starting at $199 per person +tax.
“We’re lucky to have a oneâ€ofâ€aâ€kind view that still amazes locals as well as visitors alike,” said Danny Sitnam, president and CEO, Helijet International. “The ability to take such an exhilarating roundâ€trip right from the downtown core is a first for Vancouver, and we’re anticipating a lot of interest given the combination of value, convenience and affordable prices that has not been available until now.”
Helijet’s sightseeing flights are available on a scheduled basis daily from Vancouver Harbour Heliport, dependent on suitable weather. Details available at www.helijet.com
Richmondâ€based Helijet International (TSX: HJI) is a Canadianâ€owned company, North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service and has carried over two million passengers in the past 25 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters and Learjets for the Province of British Columbia and numerous medical service clients.
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- 14-May-13 B-7479 Bell 206B Dezhou City, China
- 10-May-13 N94PH Bell 206B Heflin, US-Kentucky
- 07-May-13 N20Z Bell 206L La Junta, US-Colorado
- Air Evac celebrates year of service in Licking County
- 27-Apr-13 N150SP Bell 206B Shepherd, US-Montana (1F)
- 23-Apr-13 N2072M Bell 206L1 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 20-Apr-13 N4237M Bell 206B Wells, US-Nevada
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- 23-Mar-13 ZS-HSR Bell 206B Petermaritzburg, South Africa
- 23-Mar-13 Bell TH-57A Salinas, Ecuador
- Gainesville PD helicopter relaunches after 15 months
- Tennessee Highway Patrol Announces Permanent Aviation Support for West Tennessee
- Bristow Academy Announces Agreement with Aero Dynamix
- Bilingual pilots launch Ravco training program
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- FAA had twice suspended licence of pilot in fatal crash
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- 18-Feb-13 N20620 Bell 206 Ely, US-Nevada (1F)
- 15-Feb-13 UP-BL007 Bell 206L3 Bakanas, Kazakhstan