himco announced today its participation at the Farnborough International Airshow 2012 from July 9-15. Shimco will present its precision manufactured parts, laminated and edgebond shims, tapers and spacers, and new polyimide-based products in stand #H4/C17a.
Shimco joins other industry-leading Canadian companies in the Ontario Aerospace Pavilion, a collaborative effort between the Ontario Aerospace Council (OAC) and the International Trade Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development & Innovation. The core purpose of the OAC is to be the voice of the Ontario aerospace industry and to increase Ontario's share of the global aerospace market.
The Farnborough International Airshow (FIA) is the largest truly global event of its kind. A platform for some 1,400 exhibitors from the aerospace, defence, space and security sectors to showcase and demonstrate aircraft, equipment and technologies, the show is specifically designed to facilitate tailor-made and unrivalled opportunities to meet, negotiate and announce business transactions.
Peter Voss, President of Shimco, comments: "Shimco is a long standing member of the Ontario Aerospace Council, having joined in February of 1996. We are delighted to co-exhibit in their stand at Farnborough, a prestigious international trade exhibition, to meet with our partners and develop new business relationships in the aerospace, defense and space industries."
Shimco is also set to unveil its new website prior to FIA 2012 featuring an advanced design, simple navigation, and high quality photography showcasing the Company's latest customized products, including solid, laminated, edgebond, and tapered shims, laminated sheet stock and precision machined parts.
For over 25 years, Shimco has served the Aerospace, Defense, Space, Industrial and other industries worldwide with precision manufactured parts, laminated and edgebond shims, tapers and spacers in a wide range of materials from aluminum and titanium through to synthetics and composites.
Headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Canada, Shimco offers a tradition of Innovation, Precision, and Execution, providing solutions that conform to exacting international and customer-specific standards. An ISO9001:2008 & AS9100C Registered Company, Shimco is committed to quality, on-time delivery, lean manufacturing and financial strength. Visit www.shimco.com for more information.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men