Metro Aviation Inc. recently delivered the second EC135T2+ to the Massachusetts State Police. The first aircraft was delivered late last year at which time the unit received pilot and mechanic training from American Eurocopter. The second aircraft is similar to the first with the exception of the complete HELINET Downlink system and a Eurocopter Deutschland aft fuselage mounted SX 16. This was added to alleviate forward loading CG issues.
Metro Aviation's Production Manager, in charge of customer special design and development, Russell Garner, added, "It's all about durability and functionality. The positioning controls for the onboard equipment and the ability to reconfigure the aircraft in a minimal amount of time, is a challenge. Design challenges and certificate requirements do not change regardless if the equipment to be placed in the aircraft restrains equipment, personnel or weapons, the rules are the rules." The State continues the fleet replacement; the Department had (4) AS355 Twin Stars that are 13 years old. We are halfway through the project now after taking delivery of our 2nd EC135.
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States is a worldwide provider of completion services for all missions and types of helicopters and specializes in the EC135 and EC145 with several Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro Aviation is an FAA approved repair station, approved Eurocopter Service Center and FAR Part 135 air medical operations provider at several locations across the United States. The company, which was established in 1982 and was privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country.
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years