Nominations for the 2013 Salute to Excellence Awards program, to be held on Wed., March 6 during HELI-EXPO 2013 in Las Vegas, Nev., are now being accepted!
For more than 50 years, HAI has recognized the outstanding achievements and exceptional merits of individuals and organizations through the Salute to Excellence Awards program. The annual Salute to Excellence Awards dinner is the premier event of HELI-EXPO®.
Any individual or organization, whether or not they are HAI members, may submit nominations or be nominated for one or more of the awards. By acknowledging exceptional individuals and organizations, the Salute to Excellence program encourages the highest standards of professionalism in the helicopter industry.
Please include supportive materials relating to your nominations, including biographies, videos, photographs, training certifications, letters of recommendation, and newspaper and magazine articles etc. where available. Supportive materials should be scanned and sent as an email attachment (preferred method) to [email protected]. or can be mailed or faxed to HAI.
HAI requires that winners receive their award in person at the Salute to Excellence dinner during HELI-EXPO 2013, as a special VIP guest of HAI, or designate a representative to do so on their behalf.
For more information on the Salute to Excellence Awards and the nominations process, conact HAI’s Communications and Public Relations Department at 703-683-4646.
Salute those who deserve to be recognized in 2013 for their contributions to the rotorcraft community - do not let service above and beyond the call of duty go unrecognized!
The awards categories are as follows:
Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
The Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award recognizes an individual who has distinguished themselves by longstanding excellence in the performance of helicopter maintenance, or a single significant and distinct contribution to helicopter maintenance. Eligibility is limited to hands on helicopter maintenance personnel.
Sikorsky Humanitarian Service Award
The Sikorsky Humanitarian Service Award is presented to the person(s) who best demonstrates the value of helicopters to society by saving lives, protecting property and aiding those in distress. The award may be for a particular mission, or for outstanding service for a period of time.
AgustaWestland Safety Award
The AgustaWestland Safety Award acknowledges outstanding contributions in the promotion of safety and safety awareness throughout the international helicopter community.
W. A. (Dub) Blessing Certified Flight Instructor of the Year Award
The W. A. (Dub) Blessing Certified Flight Instructor of the Year Award recognizes superlative contributions by a helicopter flight instructor in upholding high standards of excellence.
Eurocopter Golden Hour Award
The Eurocopter Golden Hour Award recognizes the efforts of an individual, group or organization that, through a particular activity or contributions over time to the air medical industry, has advanced the use of helicopters in the vital mission of air medical transport.
Excellence in Communications Award
The Excellence in Communications Award is given to the individual or organization achieving the most creative and distinct dissemination of information about the helicopter.
Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award
The Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award salutes excellence in management and leadership. The award is granted to an individual who is recognized for long and significant service to the international helicopter community. Nominees need not be licensed pilots.
MD Helicopters Law Enforcement Award
The MD Helicopters Law Enforcement Award recognizes an individual or organization that has contributed to the promotion and advancement of helicopters in support of law enforcement activities. Nominees are not limited to pilots or law enforcement personnel.
Pilot of the Year Award
The Pilot of the Year Award is the oldest of HAI’s Salute to Excellence awards. The award recognizes an outstanding single feat performed by a helicopter pilot during the year, or extraordinary professionalism over a period of time. Nominees must be active helicopter pilots.
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget