How many people can say that over 4,500 guests attended their birthday party. Well Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance had just that. On Saturday 30th June 2012 we held our 5th Birthday Summer Fair at Popham Airfield, as our big birthday celebration and it was the most wonderful day. The sun shone for us, people enjoyed the many craft stands and exhibits, and the arena acts were a great attraction. Visitors started arriving early, and there was a constant flow throughout the day.
The wonderful entertainment in the arena, including the fabulous Tigers Motorcycle display team, and the Parachute Display Team shown above, kept our visitors entertained all day.
One of the great highlights was having three Air Ambulances together for visitors to see. Our own Helimed 56 was static for the day with crew members on hand to talk to the public. We were also fortunate to have a loan aircraft for the day from Bond Air Services, so that the service of the Air Ambulance was maintained . We were very pleased to have a visit from Helimed 24 , Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance. So our visitors were able to see all three together at one event.
We would like to thank all the wonderful volunteers, supporters, helpers, exhibitors, stand holders and of course the people of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, for making our 5th Birthday Summer Fair a day to remember.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance founder awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday honours list
- UK – East Anglian Air Ambulance to feature in BBC documentary
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- Northwest MedStar adds Eurocopter EC135P2+ and new base
- Barbecue blunder forced UK hospital helipad to shut
- Germany – Heli Aviation buys EC135 simulator
- Japan Police orders two EC135s and one each EC155 and AS365N3+
- East Anglian Air Ambulance begins first UK night EMS missions
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 07-May-13 N911ET Eurocopter EC135P2+ Tyler, US-Texas
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Reed Point, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 27-Apr-13 HB-ZJE Eurocopter EC135P1 Grenchen, Switzerland