Angela Griffin returns to Sky1 and Sky1 HD with the second series of the hit action-packed documentary series “Emergency with Angela Griffin”. This time, however, the Devon Air Ambulance service features in seven out of the twelve episodes with Angela flying alongside the crew.
Over 12 busy weeks, Angela spent many shifts with the Devon Air Ambulance and also spent time with the crews on the land ambulances, rapid response vehicles and city centre triage trucks in other counties.
This is the first series that Angela has taken to the skies with Air Ambulance crews. Whilst with Devon Air Ambulance she was with the team when they were called to the aid of a badly injured woman trapped in her car after a collision with a fuel tanker.
Plus, in one of the most heart–stopping moments of the series, Angela and our crew were diverted to a full-scale aviation emergency – when a plane is forced into a potentially fatal crash-landing when its landing gear failed.
HelÃ©na Holt, Chief Executive of Devon Air Ambulance Trust, said “We were delighted to welcome Angela and the film crew to our team and would like to thank them all for their fantastic support of the Charity.”
She added “We are proud to be flying the flag in this series for all of the Air Ambulances across the country that, like us, are charity funded. We hope this series will raise awareness of the fantastic work that is undertaken on a daily basis.”
Photo: Angela Griffin in pictured with one of the on duty crews she spent time with. Left to right paramedic Kate Adlam, pilot Steve Rush and paramedic Adrian Parker.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance founder awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday honours list
- UK – East Anglian Air Ambulance to feature in BBC documentary
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- Northwest MedStar adds Eurocopter EC135P2+ and new base
- Barbecue blunder forced UK hospital helipad to shut
- Germany – Heli Aviation buys EC135 simulator
- Japan Police orders two EC135s and one each EC155 and AS365N3+
- East Anglian Air Ambulance begins first UK night EMS missions
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 07-May-13 N911ET Eurocopter EC135P2+ Tyler, US-Texas
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Reed Point, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 27-Apr-13 HB-ZJE Eurocopter EC135P1 Grenchen, Switzerland