Olympic fever is heightening with less than two months left until London 2012 officially gets underway.
Over the next few days people across the East and West Midlands will be turning out to watch the torch being carried through the streets on its way to London, and here at The Air Ambulance Service (TAAS) we're as excited as anyone else about the arrival of the iconic Olympic flame.
Today (29th June), the torch will be carried through Ashbourne by Martin Handley who was nominated to carry the torch by a friend for his efforts in raising money for TAAS.
The final leg of the torch relay today will see the flame carried by TAAS Ambassador and double World Superbike Champion James Toseland, before he lights a cauldron at Darley Abbey Park after an evening of celebrations.
Another supporter of TAAS who will be carrying the torch is Tony Woodhouse. He'll be carrying the torch through his home town of Rugby on Monday 2nd July. He has raised funds for TAAS after he was treated by Air Ambulance paramedics in 2010.
Tony says: "It is such an honour to carry the torch. I want the day to be a special one for my family, friends and colleagues who have supported me so much over the last two years. I also want to use the opportunity to raise awareness of the fantastic lifesaving work that The Air Ambulance Service does every day. Without TAAS I would not be here today and I will be forever grateful for this."
Shops in locations where the torch is passing through will also be getting in the Olympic mood. Our Bakewell, Stratford, Rugby, Oadby and Wellingborough stores will be decking their windows out with an Olympic theme and volunteers will also be on hand to give out TAAS ponchos in case of bad weather.
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)
- 30-Sep-12 N144CF AgustaWestland AW109E Eastland, US-Texas
- RSG completes certification of AW109 secondary digital altimeter
- 17-Sep-12 N901EM AgustaWestland AW109E US-Maine
- 10-Aug-12 G-MEDX AgustaWestland AW109E Corby, UK
- FB Heliservices wins two year Albanian training contract
- 28-Jul-12 XA-UQH AgustaWestland AW109SP Cerro Alpino, Mexico (3F)
- 17-Jul-12 N716AM Agusta A109A Niihau, US-Hawaii