It is with great sadness that Metro Aviation announces the passing of the company's production manager and longtime employee, Russell K. Garner. Mr. Garner died suddenly in the Shreveport, LA area on 26 JUN 2012. Garner was instrumental in the success of the company with several achievements related to equipment integration and supplemental type certificate (STC) development projects at the company for over 25 years. Known for his ability to take a project from a conceptual stage to full integration, completion and manufacturing, Garner's many accomplishments include the development of air conditioning systems for the EC135 and EC145, as well as many other successes.
Company owner and president, Mike Stanberry commented, "Russell was a key component to the success of our company as well as a great friend to us all. His kind manner as a true gentleman and his innate ability to bring a concept to reality was his hallmark. We will all miss him dearly."
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States is a worldwide provider of completion services for all missions and types of helicopters and specializes in the EC135 and EC145 with several Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro Aviation is an FAA approved repair station, approved Eurocopter Service Center and FAR Part 135 air medical operations provider at several locations across the United States. The company, which was established in 1982 and was privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country.
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69