Sikorsky Aerospace Services today announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with INAER Maintenance SAU of Spain to explore aircraft maintenance and support opportunities for the Spanish Ministry of Defense. INAER engages in comprehensive fleet Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services for commercial and military aircraft worldwide. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp.(NYSE:UTX).
“This MOU represents the first step in discussing potential maintenance and upgrade capabilities for the Spanish Ministry of Defense whose Air Force and Navy fleets have a significant number of Sikorsky aircraft,” said Frank DiPasquale, SAS Vice President, Sales & Strategic Relationships. “INAER is a Sikorsky approved S-76® Customer Service Center supporting many of our operators in the region. The objective of this MOU is to strengthen and combine our expertise in providing customized solutions to meet the Spanish government’s requirements.”
In addition to offering maintenance support for a variety of OEM platforms, INAER is a worldwide provider of aerial emergency services. INAER owns and operates a fleet of Sikorsky’s S-61™ and S-76 aircraft that are instrumental in helping to execute many critical missions such as search and rescue, civil protection, surveillance and medical emergency. INAER is committed to supporting its government’s armed forces and is currently under contract for many initiatives with the Spanish Ministry of Defense.
“After many years of cooperation between our companies, this MOU helps strengthen our ability to provide customers with unbeatable value-added services,” said Baba Devani, INAER Group Business Development Director. “We are pleased to offer our Sikorsky government operators an experienced, in-country MRO service provider backed by the powerful support network of Sikorsky Aircraft.”
INAER is the global, leading provider of helicopter emergency services. With more than 45 years of experience and 1,200,000 flight hours, the international company operates in Spain, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Portugal, Chile, Peru and Australia, and today has a fleet of 366 aircraft and more than 2,500 employees. INAER specializes in mission critical operations such as medical emergency services, civil protection, sea and mountain search & rescue, coast and fishing surveillance, firefighting and aircraft maintenance. For more information, access the www.inaer.com Web site.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky company, provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing operators worldwide. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of aftermarket support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- Mexico certifies Sikorsky S76D
- Sikorsky Aerospace and WIKING Kale Air Launch New Customer Service Center
- Helijet Expands B.C. Central Coast Presence
- AAG Offers Special Charter Rates to Avoid NYC Airport Delays
- 27-Apr-13 N305SJ Sikorsky S76B Constanza, Dominican Republic
- FlightSafety to offer Sikorsky S-76B training in Dallas
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- UK – Capital Air Services add two S76s on management
- British Columbia’s Air Ambulance audit raises questions
- 15-Mar-13 N574EH Sikorsky S76A++ Lake Charles, US-Louisiana (3F)
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky S76C++ Muskegon, US-Michigan
- Sikorsky recognises National Helicopter Services of Trinidad & Tobago
- Bristow awarded FAA STC for ADS-B Out solution on S76C
- ASU completes second S-76C++ NVG conversion for PHi
- Spectrum Aeromed to exhibit at Heli-Expo
- Northland Emergency Services Trust hit by theft from hangar
- HeliFlite adds third S76
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- Geisinger Life Flight obtains FAA air carrier certificate
- 28-Nov-12 N911FK Sikorsky S76A Tavernier, US-Florida