FlightSafety International is pleased to announce that Woody McClendon has joined the company as Sales Manager, Rotorcraft Training.
Woody will support FlightSafety’s training sales efforts across all segments of the helicopter industry. He will work closely with existing and prospective Customers to develop training offerings tailored to their individual needs and unique requirements.
“Our Customers will appreciate and benefit from Woody’s experience with helicopter operations and in-depth understanding of our training from his experience as a FlightSafety Instructor,” said Steve Gross, Vice President, Sales. “We are delighted that he has joined the FlightSafety team and look forward to his contributions to this very important and growing segment of our business.”
Woody is a highly experienced helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft pilot. He has over 17,000 flight hours, including 7,000 in helicopters and has flown missions in support of law enforcement agencies, EMS operators, and fixed-wing corporate aircraft programs. Woody’s industry experience also includes serving as Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing of PrivatAir, Aviation Manager for the UCLA MedStar program, and working as an instructor for FlightSafety.
During his career Woody has trained extensively with FlightSafety, flown the Bell 206, 222, 412 and 430; Eurocopter AS350, EC135, EC145, EC155; AgustaWestland AW109 and AW139; and the Sikorsky S-92. He is type rated in the Challenger 601 and 604, several Learjet models, the Citation I, II and III, and other corporate jets and is qualified in Night Vision Goggles and other advanced avionics systems.
Woody holds a Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering degree from Northrop University and attended management specialty courses while serving at the UCLA Medical Center. Woody has been a contributor to Professional Pilot magazine for over twenty years, writing airplane and helicopter flight reports, as well as articles on avionics, training, and pilot techniques and procedures.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 154 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, Singapore, South Africa, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
- UK – Starspeed signs for a second AW169
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350