As reported by HeliHub.com 24 hours ago, here is the press release confirming our story
Russian Helicopters and AgustaWestland (a Finmeccanica company) are pleased to announce that they have signed a Heads of Agreement at the Farnborough International Airshow today to jointly develop an all-new 2.5 tonne class single-engine helicopter.
The agreement was signed by Bruno Spagnolini, CEO of AgustaWestland, and Russian Helicopters CEO Dmitry Petrov. The overall programme will be shared on a 50/50 basis, with the new helicopter being designed for the worldwide market and a wide range of applications.
Speaking at the ceremony, Dmitry Petrov, CEO of Russian Helicopters, said: “We are pleased to be expanding our partnership with AugustaWestland to include the development of this new light helicopter. Co-operation with other global leaders represents an important component of our strategy as we continue developing new products to meet the constantly evolving demands of our customers around the world.”
Bruno Spagnolini, AgustaWestland CEO said: “This agreement further expands our strong and successful co-operation with Russian Helicopters. Having established Helivert to assemble the AW139 in Russia, this programme marks the next step up in terms of co-operation to address the future needs of not only the important and growing Russian market but also the worldwide market.”
AgustaWestland and Russian Helicopters established the joint venture company HeliVert in 2010 to assemble AW139 helicopters at a new plant in Tomilino, near Moscow. The plant will meet the growing demand for the AW139 helicopter in both Russian and CIS civil markets with production starting this year.
AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is a major force in commercial and military helicopter markets around the world and offers an unrivalled range of helicopters, training and support solutions to satisfy customer's mission requirements. AgustaWestland's main facilities are located in Italy, the United Kingdom, Poland and the United States of America.
Russian Helicopters, JSC is a subsidiary of UIC Oboronprom, which in turn is a part of Russian Technologies State Corporation. It is a global leader in helicopter production and the only helicopter design and production powerhouse in Russia. Russian Helicopters is headquartered in Moscow. The company comprises five production facilities, two design bureaus, a spare parts production and repair facility, as well as an after-sales service branch responsible for maintenance and repair in Russia and all over the world.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole