Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced the launch of new mobile applications for the Sikorsky360® Web portal – a proprietary online support capability used by more than 4,000 operators globally. The new portal – known as Mobile360™ – supports Apple®, Android™ and Blackberry® mobile devices and will provide streamlined access to important maintenance information for Sikorsky customers worldwide. SAS is the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
“Mobile devices have changed the way we do business. As a result of their increased popularity, we have developed new services to offer our customers,” said Peter Fuchs, SAS Senior Manager, Support Technology and Analytics. “From anywhere – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – our customers can access their aircraft fleet management information directly from their personal mobile devices. This new feature offers unrivaled convenience and flexibility for maintainers worldwide.”
Mobile360™ provides easy access to Commercial HELOTRAC 2X™ Maintenance Management System – a software system that supports Sikorsky’s military and commercial rotary platforms as well as other OEM fixed and rotary wing aircraft. HELOTRAC 2X records, manages and reports essential information for enhanced fleet management operations. Additionally, it supports Plug Locator Applications (PLA) – a software program that precisely locates specific electrical components throughout the aircraft. By streamlining access to required maintenance information, these tools help customers reduce operating expenses.
“The Mobile PLA is the fastest and easiest way to locate a connector; this application is an essential tool for S-92A® helicopter maintenance,” said Jim McWilliam, Avionic Instructor, Bristow Group, Inc, Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
Future enhancements for Mobile360 will include mobile access to E-Notifications, Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMS) and downloadable mobile applications.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing operators. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
For more information about UTC’s presence at the Farnborough Air Show, visit the www.utcaero.com Web site.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole