AgustaWestland is proud to announce that Linfox has signed a contract for three AW169 helicopters in full VIP configuration. The aircraft will be used to perform corporate transport missions in the Melbourne area of Australia. This order marks the entrance of the AW169 into the Australian corporate/VIP transport market and continues the growing success of the all new AW169 helicopter in the global market. This contract adds to the one for two EMS-configured AW169s performed by Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust in New Zealand further strengthening the success of this model in Australasia. Contracts for more than 50 AW169s have now been signed by customers worldwide so far since its launch in summer 2010.
AgustaWestland has sold more than 40 commercial helicopters of various types in Australia to perform various roles including corporate/VIP transport, search and rescue, offshore transport, law enforcement and medical transport.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland, said “We are very pleased that Linfox has chosen the new generation AW169 to meet its future VIP transport requirements as it moves up to a 4.5 tonne category helicopter. Linfox was the first Australian customer for the AW119 Koala in 2000 and followed that by buying Grand and GrandNew light twins, so we are delighted we are able to continue to meet the requirements of this loyal customer.”
A versatile, new generation twin engine light intermediate category helicopter, the AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for an aircraft that delivers high performance, meets all the latest safety standards and has multi-role capabilities. The 4.5 tonne AW169 incorporates several new technology features to provide the highest levels of safety and operational benefits for its customers. New generation technologies are incorporated in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems.
The first AW169 performed its maiden flight on 10th May 2012 on schedule and civil certification is expected in 2014. The AW169 is set to be the most advanced and cost effective helicopter in its class for EMS, SAR, law enforcement, corporate and offshore transport missions. The AW169 is part of the AgustaWestland family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW139 and AW189 models, which posses the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features as well as sharing a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance concept. This commonality will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets across the 4 to 8.5 tonne categories.
Linfox provides logistics services across the Asia Pacific region. Its business operates more than 3.2 million square metres of warehousing and nearly 5,000 vehicles across 10 countries. More than 23,000 people deliver sophisticated supply chain services to a wide range of leading business names.
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Budget freezes US Army Armed Aerial Scout program
- Lease Corporation International delivers first AW139 to Bond
- AW169 production line to be established at Philadelphia
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Thermoplastic advances help AW169 horizontal tailplane
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189
- Sloane Helicopters signs for two GrandNew and two AW169s
- AW169 VIP sale in Australia
- Fourth AW169 – First flight
- Mitsui Bussan Aerospace appointed Japan’s AW169 distributor
- Kaan Air signs for one more AW169 and AW139
- Starspeed signs contract for an AW169, plus an option for another
- AW169 – Third prototype makes its Maiden Flight
- Mecaer displays VIP AW169 interior at NBAA 2012
- Japan’s ITC-Aerospace orders two AW169s
- Curtiss-Wright to supply rugged flight recorders for AW169
- Kaan Air signs for two AW169s and another AW139
- UK’s Specialist Aviation Services orders six AW169
- Eighth AW169 sold in South American Corporate/VIP market