Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX), was recently awarded a multi-year Overhaul & Repair contract from the U.S. Army for BLACK HAWK helicopter T700 fuel controls, with initial delivery orders starting in 2012 and covering a period of performance through 2017.
"Hamilton Sundstrand is pleased to be selected to provide maintenance support for its systems on the BLACK HAWK and to build upon its long-standing relationship with the U.S. Army," said Jim Patrick, Hamilton Sundstrand Customer Service vice president and general manager. "This selection illustrates the value proposition offered by our OEM Repair Center network."
The contract is estimated to be worth $46 million over the life of the program.
Hamilton Sundstrand's Engine & Control Systems (E&CS) business provides complete jet engine controls and accessory packages. From the fuel tank to the igniters, Hamilton Sundstrand has the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture world-class systems for aerospace engine customers.
With 2011 sales of $6.2 billion, Hamilton Sundstrand is headquartered in Windsor Locks, Conn. Among the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products, the company designs, manufactures and services aerospace systems and provides integrated system solutions for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft. It also is a major supplier for international space programs.
United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company that provides high-technology products and services to the aerospace and building industries.
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- Turkey’s Alp Aviation to provide warehousing and distribution of Sikorsky parts
- September launch for Sikorsky’s Training Academy in Oklahoma
- 11-Jun-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan
- CAE breaks ground on new training centre in Brunei
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Sikorsky awarded $11M contract for one UH-60M for Thailand
- Turkey’s Aselsan secures Sikorsky helicopter subcontract
- Colorado National Guard to open new $39M training facility
- Prototype Engineering awarded $10M Black Hawk overhaul work
- 16-Apr-13 Sikorsky CH-53E Chelwon, Korea
- Donaldson delivers engine filters for US Army Black Hawks
- Breeze-Eastern secures $6M order for Advanced Rescue Hoists
- 01-Apr-13 FAC-4105 Sikorsky UH-60L Tabacal, Colombia
- Swedish Black Hawks head for Afghanistan
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Daman district, Afghanistan (5F)
- L-3 Aviation Products Selected for Sikorsky H-60 and S-70i
- 15-Mar-13 Sikorsky MH-60R Chula Vista, US-California
- 24-Feb-13 EJC-2154 Sikorsky UH-60L Vistahermosa, Colombia (4F)
- Cold spray system wins environmental technology award