SELEX Elsag is to provide Boeing Defense, Space and Security with SRT- 270 High-Frequency radio communication systems to equip new CH-47 transport helicopters in the Mark (MK)-6 version, recently purchased by the British Ministry of Defense. The system will feature next-generation ALE (Automatic Link Establishment) capability, the international standard which allows rapid and reliable HF radio communications. SELEX Elsag already supplied the previous CH-47 MK-2A version with HF ALE1G avionic systems.
The SRT-270 is the outcome of advanced research and development activity carried out by SELEX Elsag within the High-Frequency sector. It provides voice/data radio communications for avionic applications, across the 2MHz and 30MHz frequency range. It also features high power transmission, of up to 200 Watt PEP/100 Watt AVG.
The equipment encompasses the control panel, which provides a user-friendly man-machine interface through an LCD display - compatible with night scopes - to a “loop” antenna, which, combined with the ATU (Antenna Tuning Unit), ensures effective communications on the whole HF range.
SELEX Elsag offers a deep knowledge of the avionics sector and its customers’ operational needs, thanks to 50 years of co-operation with the main aircraft companies. SELEX Elsag creates CNI (Communication, Navigation & Identification) devices and systems, complying with the highest market standards.
This contract is the result of a contest between worldwide key players. It also serves to strengthen SELEX Elsag’s international leadership within the avionic communications sector.
- Goodrich awarded $48M contract for CH-47 fuel controls
- Eaton awarded $25M more for CH-47 hydraulic parts
- RAF confirms Chinook Display Team for 2013
- RAF Cosford Air Show Confirm Eye-Opening Helicopter Displays
- 25th CAB named AAAA Outstanding Aviation Unit of the Year
- RAF Chinook Pilot Honoured for Courage
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for Advanced Chinook Rotor Blade
- Eaton Aerospace awarded $9M contract for CH-47 axial pistons
- L-3 awarded $18.6M contract for Chinook flight display units
- Boeing awarded $40M of Chinook field service support
- Beaver receives Boeing Performance Excellence Award
- Helicopter loading system lightens burden on soldiers
- Dynamatic Technologies to make CH-47 aft pylon and cargo ramp
- 08-Feb-13 Boeing CH-47 Rowsley, UK
- Columbia announces Memorial Fund for families of Peruvian crash
- Engineering success at RAF Odiham
- Columbia Helicopters confirms Peru accident
- Columbia Helicopters Chinook down in Peru with 7 fatalities
- 07-Jan-12 N241CH Boeing 234LR Pucallpa, Peru (7K)
- US Combat Rescue program questions as Boeing, Bell and AgustaWestland all pull out