UTair has received three MI-171 helicopters from Ulan-Ude Aviation, a subsidiary of the Russian helicopters aircraft manufacturing holding.
The delivery is part of a contract for the manufacture of 40 Mi-171 helicopters, signed by “Russian Helicopters” and UTair Aviation in August, 2011 at the MAKS air show in the presence of then Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Since 2008, Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant has already delivered 44 helicopters to UTair as part of orders from two separate contracts. Currently UTair Airlines operates around 50 Mi-171 helicopters produced by Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant.
"For the development of helicopter operations in new markets UTair aircraft need to meet the highest production standards and particular specifications of our customers,'' remarked UTair General Director Andrew Martirosov. ''We're planning to integrate new certified Mi-171 rotorcraft with existing UTair helicopter operations in Latin America."
The three helicopters, delivered in July 2012, will be based at the UTair subsidiary HeliSur in Peru. To date, HeliSur conducts operations with six Mi-171 aircraft manufactured at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant.
"The first delivery of this large contract for 40 Mi-171 helicopters is a landmark event for the airline, the Russian helicopter industry and the whole country,'' said Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant. ''UTair is one of our largest customers and a long-standing partner in the development of the Russian Helicopters holding. To fulfill contract obligations for other helicopters, we are preparing to acquire a range of certifications and licenses in the coming years, including certification for helicopters in more complex configurations".
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- UTair South Africa becomes official supplier to UN
- 06-May-13 RA-24410 Mil Mi-8 Preobrazhenka, Russia (9F)
- LOM Praha awarded with $1.3M contract for Mi-17 pilot training
- Indian Air Force may have no VVIP helicopters after 2014
- 21-Apr-13 Mil Mi-8T Azr district, Afghanistan
- 20-Apr-13 Mil Mi-17 Sharq Al-Owainat, Egypt
- 07-Apr-13 OB-1916P Mil-8 Loreto, Peru (13F)
- Russian Helicopters launches South Africa service centre with Denel Aviation
- 26-Mar-13 RA-22986 Mil Mi-8MTV Kronotsky, Russia
- 16-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8 Khankala, Russia (3F)
- 14-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8T Khabarovsk, Russia
- 09-Mar-13 RA-22472 Mil Mi-8AMT Bukavu, Congo (4F)
- UTair wins multi-type contract with oil producer Bashneft
- 25-Jan-13 228 Mil Mi-171Sh Duga Resa, Croatia
- 23-Jan-13 Mil Mi-8 Dudinka, Russia
- Colombia’s Vertical de Aviacion adds three Mi-171s
- Rwanda provides six helicopters for UN efforts in Sudan
- 26-Dec-12 Mil Mi-8 Mazzeh, Syria
- 25-Dec-12 Mil Mi-8MT Oleksandriia, Ukraine (5F)