BDN Aerospace Marketing (BDN) has published the results of a survey that assessed the industry’s understanding and use of marketing measurement techniques. Survey results show that aerospace marketers want to measure their performance and show that their efforts are important to the bottom line. But most do not know how to implement a meaningful program, and there is little agreement on the definition of ROI in marketing.
Specifically, while 86 percent of respondents believe it is important to measure marketing effectiveness, far fewer (68 percent) believe it is possible, and fewer still (18 percent) consistently use solid, proven tools too measure results against goals.
The detailed findings are included in a research report available online at www.bdnaerospace.com. The report also includes an overview of tools and resources, including ROI calculators, to help marketers establish and build meaningful measurement programs that link marketing investments to business results.
BDN regularly conducts original, aerospace-specific research to assist communications and marketing professionals and gain insight into industry beliefs, practices and trends.
Recent, non-aerospace-focused studies have also shown a gap between the desire to measure marketing effectiveness and the execution of same, but those findings showed better understanding and more widespread implementation of measurement practices. BDN advocates measuring performance and demonstrating ROI as techniques to secure budgets and demonstrate success.
About BDN Aerospace Marketing
BDN is a highly specialized marketing communications company with an exclusive aerospace focus. Services range from marketing strategies and plans to writing, design, and multimedia.
Visit www.bdnaerospace.com for aerospace marketing case studies, exclusive industry research, and other tools and resources.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE