Sikorsky Aircraft Australia Limited announced today the signing of a four-year agreement with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) for ongoing logistics and engineering support for the Commonwealth of Australia's fleet of BLACK HAWK (S-70A(TM)) and SEAHAWK® (S-70B(TM)) helicopters. Valued at more than $120 million, with six annual renewable options, the contract is a follow-on agreement to the current standing offer, which is expiring after an eight-year term. Sikorsky Aircraft Australia Limited does business as Sikorsky Helitech, a Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) company based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. SAS is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
"Brisbane is emerging as the hub for helicopter and aviation maintenance in Australia, and we remain committed to servicing the rotary support needs of our armed forces," said George Cheetham, Managing Director of Sikorsky Helitech. "For the last twenty-five years, Sikorsky's BLACK HAWK and SEAHAWK helicopters have played a crucial role as part of the ADF. Our ability to offer in-country OEM expertise will further improve the operational readiness of the fleet and enhance our government's ability to successfully execute a variety of key missions."
The performance-based nature of the contract is designed to help increase the fleet's overall annual flying rate while maintaining and controlling costs. Sikorsky Helitech will provide repair and overhaul management services, as well as customer service support, including management of maintenance and logistics elements such as freight, acquisition of spares, and replacement of repairable components. Additionally, the contract provides for engineering, technical, and field service support, as well as publication updates.
"During the 2011 flood disasters in Australia, our BLACK HAWK aircraft were critical in search and rescue missions and relief provisions," said Australia's Defence Minister Stephen Smith. "Every flight hour requires many more ground hours of repair and maintenance. This contract will ensure local jobs and investment in Brisbane and Queensland." Mr. Smith's sentiments align with SAS's objective to provide support services directly to where Sikorsky customers operate.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky company, provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing aircraft throughout the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Sikorsky awarded $11M contract for one UH-60M for Thailand
- Turkey’s Aselsan secures Sikorsky helicopter subcontract
- Colorado National Guard to open new $39M training facility
- Prototype Engineering awarded $10M Black Hawk overhaul work
- 16-Apr-13 Sikorsky CH-53E Chelwon, Korea
- Donaldson delivers engine filters for US Army Black Hawks
- Breeze-Eastern secures $6M order for Advanced Rescue Hoists
- 01-Apr-13 FAC-4105 Sikorsky UH-60L Tabacal, Colombia
- Swedish Black Hawks head for Afghanistan
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Daman district, Afghanistan (5F)
- L-3 Aviation Products Selected for Sikorsky H-60 and S-70i
- 15-Mar-13 Sikorsky MH-60R Chula Vista, US-California
- 24-Feb-13 EJC-2154 Sikorsky UH-60L Vistahermosa, Colombia (4F)
- Cold spray system wins environmental technology award
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- 16-Dec-12 Sikorsky UH-60 Winner, US-South Dakota
- 15-Dec-12 FAC-4130 Sikorsky UH-60L Providencia, Colombia
- Sikorsky awarded $282M H-60 weapon system contract
- 12-Dec-12 Sikorsky MH-60R North Island NAS, US-California
- US Army Black Hawk flies autonomously over California